Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

/ #1242

2011-12-18 00:18

Chapter Six

LET THEM DIG THEIR OWN GRAVES

Introduction: The Lesser Etiquette Must Retire

This review is a page-by-page analysis of the teachings of Sridhar Maharaja in comparison to the teachings of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. The quotations from Sridhar Maharaja cited in this chapter are from Sridhar Maharaja cited in this chapter are from documents or books that have been well circulated. A list of those documents are given at the end.

I began reading the books of Sridhar Maharaja with an open mind in order to establish whether Sridhar Maharaja is in line with the teachings of Srila Prabhupada or if there are many discrepancies. There are numerous witnesses who will testify that, in the wake of losing my wife and children, entering the arena of the Sridhar Maharaja controversy was the last thing on my mind. But in the course of our extensive research and analysis of the ISKCON dilemma/conspiracy, which forms the bulk of this book, we have found so many glaring discrepancies in Sridhar Maharaja's teachings that we know these must be brought out.

Everyone has been constantly reminded by the adherents of Sridhar Maharaja how there is a Vaishnava etiquette forbidding a disciple to criticize his guru's Godbrother. Although some of you may not believe it, we had no personal desire to criticize Sridhar Maharaja. In fact, at one point, before reading his books, we were defending Sridhar Maharaja on the basis of this above etiquette. But since having studied his books, we are duty bound to confront the teachings and influence of Sridhar Maharaja on the mission of our spiritual master. The lesser etiquette must retire in the face of a much more important consideration-the survival of the pure teachings of Srila Prabhupada, the real acharya for Krishna consciousness throughout the world.

This chapter proves that the effect of Sridhar's preaching has been highly malefic. We are not going into all the discrepancies here since there are many. We are only touching on the most obvious flaws in his teachings. At a later date, if necessary, we will go into much more detail. At this time, we request that the current followers of Sridhar Maharaja carefully study our points. If the followers of Sridhar Maharaja are, as is ISKCON's GBC, unable to logically defeat our statements, we will not hesitate to declare, as we have about ISKCON's "GBC", that "silence means defeat."

"He is simply playing with them"

First some brief but relevant considerations from other Gaudiya Math leaders who dealt with our spiritual master in a favorable way.

Puri Maharaja is a Godbrother of Sridhar Maharaja. He knows him well. Puri Maharaja has three centers in India, one at Jagannatha Puri, and he believes that Sridhar Maharaja is utilizing his scholarly attainments in a way that is not straightforward. Puri Maharaja told one of Prabhupada's devotees, "He (Sridhar) is simply playing with them." When the big men of the Maha Mandala, namely Ackshayananda Swami and Madhavadasa, went to the opening of his Jagannatha Puri center they were not at all successful in converting Puri Maharaja to a favorable attitude toward their path. Indeed, as they entered his room, Puri Maharaja verbally jumped on them before they could speak a word: "You are disciples of A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami. You are being cheated by Sridhar Maharaja."

Narayana Maharaja was called in one letter, "My agent in India" by Srila Prabhupada and was one of two Vaishnavas that Srila Prabhupada recommended we could approach for "technical advice." Narayana Maharaja manages the Kesavaji Gaudiya Math in Mathura. His own guru gave Srila Prabhupada sannyasa, but had himself received sannyasa from Sridhar Maharaja. Narayana Maharaja is a very strict observer of Vaishnava etiquette. When directly confronted about Sridhar's role in ISKCON, Narayana Maharaja revealed his staunch conviction about Sridhar Maharaja and was prepared to lay his spiritual integrity on the line. He adamantly stated, "Even if Lord Caitanya appeared personally before me and ordered me to accept what Sridhar Maharaja is doing with ISKCON, I would not accept it." He does not believe that Sridhar Maharaja, who has actually re-initiated a brahmin-initiate of Srila Prabhupada (Buddhi yoga dasa), should have become so involved in ISKCON.