Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

Shyam

/ #1336

2011-12-18 02:28

How can you ban something under the accusation of "extremist values" of war, discrimination, etc. when the Gita is about none of these things. The commentary says nothing about this.
How can Lord Krishna who vouched for peace before the war on Kurukshetra even suggest such things. I'm sorry but the prosecution has no idea what they are talking about.

By stating that the Gita is not conforming to Christianity and saying that it is evil, shows that they are in fact rather extreme. The fact of the matter is that people will eventually find the path to truth, and Krishna Consciousness is that path.

If you think that the Gita is extremist, then how is it that those who read the Gita are calm, peaceful, and not causing disturbances in society. Right now, I am thinking that the prosecution is the extremist, as it is doing nothing but accusing not only a nation of over a billion people [India] but the entire population who reads the Bhagavad Gita as It Is AS WELL AS those who read the Bhagavad Gita extremists.

Mahatma Gandhi, the great peaceful Independence leader, read the Bhagavad Gita everyday. If the Gita truly demanded violence, then Gandhi and Indians would have clashed with Great Britain and either kill them or force them to adopt their ways or die trying.

Other great writers and thinkers of the age also read the Gita,
to list a few:
Albert Einstein
Aldous Huxley
Carl Jung
Henry David Thoreau
Herman Hesse
Mahatma Gandhi
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rudolph Steiner
Adi Sankara
Vivekananda

How is it that the Gita did not instill any ideas of extremism in them? The answer: Because It's Not an extremist Book. Just because you don't like the ideas, it doesn't mean it should be banned.
ISKCON doesn't force anyone to read the Gita, they just request them to.

I can can with every ounce of blood in me, with every bit of confidence one can have, and with every drop of strength I have, that the Bhagavad Gita [& the Gita As It Is] shows NO signs of extremism.

I don't know if I took it too far with my comment, if i did, I apologize. But being frank is an important thing in life.

Hare Krishna!