Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

/ #1339

2011-12-18 02:33

CC Adi 17.165: "Since you Muslims cannot bring killed cows back to life, you are responsible for killing them. Therefore you are going to hell; there is no way for your deliverance.

CC Adi 17.166: "Cow-killers are condemned to rot in hellish life for as many thousands of years as there are hairs on the body of the cow.

CC Adi 17.167: "There are many mistakes and illusions in your scriptures. Their compilers, not knowing the essence of knowledge, gave orders that were against reason and argument."

CC Adi 17.168: After hearing these statements by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Kazi, his arguments stunned, could not put forward any more words. Thus, after due consideration, the Kazi accepted defeat and spoke as follows.

CC Adi 17.169: "My dear Nimai Pandita, what You have said is all true. Our scriptures have developed only recently, and they are certainly not logical and philosophical.

CC Adi 17.170: "I know that our scriptures are full of imagination and mistaken ideas, yet because I am a Muslim I accept them for the sake of my community, despite their insufficient support.

CC Adi 17.171: "The reasoning and arguments in the scriptures of the meat-eaters are not very sound," the Kazi concluded. Upon hearing this statement, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and inquired from him as follows.

CC Adi 17.172: "My dear maternal uncle, I wish to ask you another question. Please tell Me the truth. Do not try to cheat Me with tricks.

CC Adi 17.173: "In your city there is always congregational chanting of the holy name. A tumultuous uproar of music, singing and dancing is always going on.

CC Adi 17.174: "As a Muslim magistrate, you have the right to oppose the performance of Hindu ceremonies, but now you do not forbid them. I cannot understand the reason why."

CC Adi 17.175: The Kazi said, "Everyone calls You Gaurahari. Please let me address You by that name.

CC Adi 17.176: "Kindly listen, O Gaurahari! If You come to a private place, I shall then explain the reason."

CC Adi 17.177: The Lord replied, "All these men are My confidential associates. You may speak frankly. There is no reason to be afraid of them."

CC Adi 17.178-179: The Kazi said, "When I went to the Hindu's house, broke the drum and forbade the performance of congregational chanting, in my dreams that very night I saw a greatly fearful lion, roaring very loudly, His body like a human being's and His face like a lion's.

CC Adi 17.180: "While I was asleep, the lion jumped on my chest, laughing fiercely and gnashing His teeth.

CC Adi 17.181: "Placing its nails on my chest, the lion said in a grave voice, 'I shall immediately bifurcate your chest as you broke the mridanga drum!

CC Adi 17.182: "'You have forbidden the performance of My congregational chanting. Therefore I must destroy you!' Being very much afraid of Him, I closed my eyes and trembled.

CC Adi 17.183: "Seeing me so afraid, the lion said, 'I have defeated you just to teach you a lesson, but I must be merciful to you.

CC Adi 17.184: "'On that day you did not create a very great disturbance. Therefore I have excused you and not taken your life.

CC Adi 17.185: "'But if you perform such activities again, I shall not be tolerant. At that time I shall kill you, your entire family and all the meat-eaters.'

CC Adi 17.186: "After saying this, the lion left, but I was very much afraid of Him. Just see the marks of His nails on my heart!"

CC Adi 17.187: After this description, the Kazi showed his chest. Having heard him and seen the marks, all the people there accepted the wonderful incident.

CC Adi 17.188: The Kazi continued, "I did not speak to anyone about this incident, but on that very day one of my orderlies came to see me.

CC Adi 17.189: "After coming to me, the orderly said, 'When I went to stop the congregational chanting, suddenly flames struck my face.

CC Adi 17.190: "'My beard was burned, and there were blisters on my cheeks.' Every orderly who went gave the same description.

CC Adi 17.191: "After seeing this, I was very much afraid. I asked them not to stop the congregational chanting but to go sit down at home.

CC Adi 17.192: "Then all the meat-eaters, hearing that there would be unrestricted congregational chanting in the city, came to submit a petition.

CC Adi 17.193: "'The religion of the Hindus has increased unlimitedly. There are always vibrations of "Hari! Hari!" We do not hear anything but this.'