Resignation of Fish and Game President Daniel Richards

/ #5

2012-03-07 23:28

As a Fish & Game Warden sworn to protect wildlife this man should know better than to hunt Mountain Lions for sport no matter if it was legal or not. There is no good reason to sport hunt mountain lions. I find what he did appalling & would not want a man like this representing our/or my Fish & Game Dept.

I full heartedly agree that Daniel Richards should resign or be removed as the President of the California Fish and Game Commission.

Being in a position of public trust, Richards abandoned that trust when he hunted and killed a mountain lion in Idaho for the perverse sport of it. The fact that he did so shows that he has no real understanding of the balance of our environment or the roll these big cats play in it. I do not want him in charge of protecting anything else in our state.

After studying endangered species & working all my life among other committed individuals to restroe & protect these environments, I am shocked that someone sworn to protect the same, especially that he was in such a high profile, example setting position, could go to another state to be a willing part of destroying it there for sport like they are totally disconnected activities.

Thank you, I have said my piece
Don Morshead