Michael Jackson fans unite against some tracks from the new "Michael" album

/ #515 read here

2010-11-13 21:17

To Sony, the Michael Jackson Estate and the Jackson family

I sit here with a broken heart. My hero, Michael Jackson, spent half of his short life being ridiculed and abused by the media; he went through 2 trials for crimes he didn’t commit and finally he died at the hands of another. Is it not enough that the fans have gone through all of this with our hero, been emotionally drained time & time again and grieved for someone we could never say goodbye too? Now, when we finally get some good news about some new, never before heard music, it is shrouded in controversy. Fans are already canceling their pre-orders and vowing not to buy the album. They are confused, angry and sad.

The track Breaking News (and other Cascio tracks) are clearly causing division between the family, the Estate, Sony and the fans – did Michael sing these songs or didn’t he? The answer, quite frankly, is irrelevant. The tracks should be omitted from this album regardless of whether or not they are authentic so the drama can cease. I am begging you to stop this from going any further. Michael reportedly left 100’s of songs for you to pick from… choose 3 others. It’s quite simple. Check the fan forums to see what they want. They’re the people that will (or won’t) be buying the music. Please, please, think about what you’re doing and reconsider.

The fans do not deserve this after all they’ve been through.

Sincerly,

Anonymous