Let's keep Proof TV show on air

Quoted post

2015-07-24 21:46

I enjoy the supernatural theme of this show, and that all of these stories are true possibilities. I agree with other reviewers comments regarding no violence, no sex, no foul inappropriate language is used to tell the stories. There is enough of that type of viewing to be had with other shows. I am having a difficult time with Jennifer Beals character and find her hard to relate to. In truth, her character is unlikeable. Is she unlikeable because she has suffered the death of a loved one, will she become more empathetic and soften over time as healing takes place? Or is this her true nature regardless of her personal loss? Is this the nature of a leading heart surgeon? Full of themselves? There are other unlikeable characters on TV that I at least love to dislike...example, House, Lewis Litt.......to name a couple. If her character doesn't soften overtime, I could find myself not watching the show despite the interesting subject matter, because she is so dislike able and there are so many mean spirited, negative people in the world already, I don't need to sit down and watch one. So now that I've talked about the unlikeable I want to end on a positive note, Matthew Modine is a sweet character despite his obvious wealth,Beals husband is like able, her daughter, like able, Zed, like able, Modines assistant, like able....and I wish Kyra Sedwick would make a cameo appearance or two or three or four! Thanks for listening.

Replies

Petzi2404

#39 Re:

2015-07-26 17:08:50

#30: -  

Thank you for your comment! I would like to reply with a few words on the topic of "Jennifer Beals character" and share my opinion with you on this.

I guess that the death of Dr. Tyler's son and probably also the separation from her husband caused that she became quite bittered and this may seem unlikeable. She is hiding her pain in herself and she didn't give herself the chance to let her grief be seen and to show her sadness, weakness and vulnerability. But as she becomes more open to her journey she becomes softer and you can see behind the harsh fassade she has built to protect herself and you can see more and more the woman with a big heart, who is lovely, passionate and very caring.