Australians say NO to more Public Health Emergency Extensions!
VIRUSES AND VACCINES DON'T LOCK UP COUNTRIES AND VIOLATE HUMAN RIGHTS, GOVERNMENTS DO!
If you are an Australian citizen or resident, we ask for your support to urge the the Prime Minister (Scott Morrison), State Premiers, and the State Health Ministers and Chief Health Officers to allow the current COVID-19 Public Health Emergencies to expire.
For the Premiers of Australian States and Territories who have already extended, we ask you to cancel your Public Health Emergencies.
Why is this important?
When comparing the impacts of the COVID-19 virus, to a multitude of impacts caused by Government mandates, restrictions and lockdowns, we believe it is no longer in the best interest of Australian residents, Australian citizens, aged care residents and their loved ones, aged care workers, small business owners, families, children, and the working class, etc. to extend the Public Health emergency any further.
In the past 6 months, Australia has had 2000+ cases of COVID-19 and 1 death.
The case numbers and mortality statistics which have occurred in Australia up to this point (June 16), do not justify the extension of the Public Health Emergencies in place.
- As at 16 June, 2021, Australia had conducted 19,394,794 COVID-19 Tests and has had 30,291 positive cases (0.156%)
That equates to 1 positive case for every 640 tests conducted.
Of the 910 people who have died with COVID-19,
- 76% were in aged care
- 36% were over 90 years old
- 76% were over 80 years old
- 93% were over 70 years old
- 2% were under 60 years old
- 0% were childen
- All people who died with Covid-19 had, on average, 2.5 comorbidities
- 316 AUSTRALIANS WHO DIED WITH COVID-19 DID NOT HAVE COVID-19 LISTED AS PART OF THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS LEADING TO THEIR DEATH
In 2020, at the early stages of COVID-19, Australians were fairly supportive of Government and willing to sacrifice many of our human rights as a precautionary measure as we learned more about COVID-19.
We accepted a considerable number of restrictions/violations to our human rights through the following measures:
- Social distancing
- Non-essential business shutdowns
- Non-essential business restricted trading hour, conditions, and number of patrons
- Event cancellations
- Interstate travel bans
- International travel bans
- State border restrictions
- Covid-19 testing
- In-home quarantine
- Hotel quarantine (paid and unpaid)
- Reduced number of people allowed to visit our residence
- Reduced number of people allowed at weddings and funerals
- Restriction on how far people can travel from home
- Complete isolation of aged care residents
- Reduced access to health facilities
- In-home lockdown for government housing residents
- Restriction of aged care workers and visitors from aged care facilities
- Restriction of aged care workers and visitors from aged care facilities if they haven't had their flu vaccination
- Restriction of hotel quarantine workers from hotel quarantine facilities if they haven't had a COVID -19 vaccination
- Mask mandates
- Inability to assemble as a group or protest
- Refused entry to visit patients in hospital for people who haven't had an influemza vaccination
- Censorship of social media users and reduced freedom of speech
- Mandatory check-ins at public places
- Mandatory COVID-19 testing for some groups.
- Restriction to enter public places such as parks even for purposes of exercise, and many others...
PUTTING COVID-19 IN PERSPECTIVE
- 140,000+ people died from all causes.
- 2,139 peope died of Pneumonia (an infectious disease of the respiratory system also transmitted by droplet and aerosol)
- 12,000+ people died of respiratory diseases
- The number of women over 50 screened for breast cancer was down by 150,000 screenings.
- Diognostics and screening for all forms of cancer was put on hold for a period (We do not yet know how late diognostics will affect the prognosis of people whose screening was delayed)
- Many life-threatening surgical procedures were delayed as a precaution just in case COVID-19 case numbers increased
- Many people with chronic conditions avoided seeing their local GP due to fear of contracting COVID-19
CALL TO ACTION
IF WE DO NOT STAND TOGETHER AND PETITION THE FEDERAL AND STATE GOVERNMENTS TO STOP THE EXTENSION OF COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCIES, THE VAST MAJORITY OF AUSTRALIANS WILL CONTINUE TO BE NEGATIVELY IMPACTED IN A MYRIAD OF DIFFERENT WAYS.
- BUSINESS CLOSURE
- JOB LOSS
- FINANCIAL STRAIN
- LOSS OF WORK RIGHTS
- SEPARATION FROM FAMILY
- LOSS OF HUMAN RIGHTS
THE PRIME MINISTER IS HOLDING US TO RANSOM
IF THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT FOR THE FUTURE OF AUSTRALIA, YOU NEED TO TAKE ACTION! BY SIGNING THIS PETITION AND SHARING IT WITH OTHERS!
1. THE PEOPLE DO NOT WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT, THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT WORKS FOR US!
2. VACCINES AND VIRUSES DO NOT SET GOVERNMENT POLICIES, THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT DOES!
3. THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS; WE MUST STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT AGAINST TYRANNY AND OPPRESSION!
4. YOUR LOCAL POLITICIANS ARE EMPLOYED TO REPRESENT YOU, THEIR CONSTITUENTS, AND THEY ARE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE!
Human life is fragile and we mustn't take it for granted. However, we cannot lock ourselves away from the world and live in fear. COVID-19 in Australia has turned out to be a fairly weak virus with a low case fatality rate, low transmission rate, low hospitalisation rate, and low ICU admissionn rate.
Australians should not continue to sacrifice our human rights due to the Australian Government controlling nearly every aspect of our lives.
FREEDOM AND HUMAN RIGHTS WILL NEVER BE HANDED TO US, WE MUST FIGHT FOR THEM!
How wil this petition be delivered:
The petition will be delivered via email to the Prime Minister, Australian Health Minister, State Premiers, State Health Ministers, Chief health Officers, the Australian Human Rights Commission, the Australian UN office.
Jane C. (Wanting the return of Human Rights) Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|