Ban the sale of fireworks to private citizens in South Africa.
TO: THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA.
I the undersigned, in my capacity as a Citizen of /Resident in the Republic of South Africa, state the following.
- I am against the sale of Fireworks of any description to non authorised persons, companies or organisations.
- I am against the ownership of Fireworks of any description by non authorised persons, companies or organisations
- I am against the use of Fireworks in any area of the country that may result in animals or humans being subject to the sound of Fireworks exploding or burning.
- I am against the use of Fireworks in any area of the country that may result in fires or other heat damage to any person, animal, vegetation, properties or structures.
- I am against the use of Fireworks in any area of the country that may result in debris or shrapnel of any kind being produced.
I the undersigned, in my capacity as a Citizen of /Resident in the Republic of South Africa, demand the following.
- Legislation that bans or meaningfully restricts the sale of, use of, owning of any device or object that is classed as a Firework, by a non permit holder be introduced and/or vigorously enforced .
- Existing municipal by-laws regarding the use , sale or ownership or Fireworks be replaced by a National Law that criminalises the sale , ownership, or use of Fireworks by non permit holders.
- Anyone, be it an idividual, juristic person, company, or organisation who applies for a permit to use Fireworks, only be granted a once off temporary permit, provided that they lodge a ZAR 20 000-00 deposit upon the application for the permit. This deposit may only be refunded after any claims for damages caused by the use of the Fireworks have been entertained and settled. Claims for costs incurred by the SPCA or other organisation in the recovery, housing, treatment on any person or animal injured or traumatised by the use of fireworks will receive priority attention.
- A portion of the cost of application for a permit to sell, store, or use fireworks will payed over to the SPCA in the region or area the Firework permit is issued.
- Sellers or users of Fireworks who do not have the necessary permits be arrested and forfeit any goods or items found on the same premises that the illegal Fireworks are discovered upon/in .
Drummond Doig Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|