Retain the BAA, AEA and CCA courses in South Africa

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Retain the BAA, AEA and CCA courses in South Africa.

2015-05-10 11:21

I would like to further develop my medical skills to AEA at least as I come into contact with a lot of people and feel hopeless when I get to a scene and the most I can do is basic medical care and treatment as I am a firefighter with a BAA qualification with all most of the equipment I know how to use but not able to because I am not qualified to use

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-06-21 12:46

2015-08-28 10:32

I trained in SA - it was the best in the world. I have travelled in Australia, UK and middle East so can compare. KEEP THE STANDARDS HIGH

2015-10-26 10:09

I have done the cca course in 2010 due to some discrepencies on the part of the college i appealed the process and have reported the incident to hpcsa . to date nothing has come out of it. I do not have the financial resources anymore to continue at varsity for the ecp although i would have loved to do so. Getting cca would have been the stepping stone towards furthering my education as it would have given me the financial support to continue. Truly am very disappointed with the hpcsa as i believe this could have been lifechanging for me

2016-01-22 10:58

I want to do my AEA coures and I don,t have the mony for it, and I am working for. Free State Provincial Government Emergency Medical Sevices.

2016-03-04 13:17

All been said is true and factual only thing goverment can do is closely monitor these courses because most of. The medics are product of short courses and most of them I know and heard off are passionate n well groomed in terms of patient care n so fourth

2016-04-06 11:12

It is not possible for ppl currently employed as BAA or AEA, earning a salary, to stop working and do a 3 year degree, without any income. Effectively, stopping these short courses will prevent advancement in their career.

2016-05-08 23:18

I know there are hundreds of BAA who have never been given the chance to volunteer one hour on a am by. But their money way taken to educate them. South Africa only have a few companies and not all can take in the amount if BAA medics trained. Instead of the provinces checking up on r vgh stereo companies we should have a better structure to check the colleges we allow in SA to train people and more so standardise the education. For example Mary Grace Academy in Umtata a total disgrace but no one does anything about that college.

2016-06-01 18:28

If the courses stop i will not be able to further my studies and thus not be able to give my family a better life.

2016-07-06 13:32

Why did you sign this petition? I think it's an unjust for some of use who did this long before and the information is not well spread. This is a good platform but I suspect a lot of people know about it. More should be done to reach the masses.

2016-07-29 06:14

Everyone is entiretly to education and keep in mind that the service we as health professionals provide helps our community,yes we want to further out our skills and knowledge but we can't affort the cost of this courses ,so do not cancel this short course they have being out there working out for the community and even now they still are.

2016-07-29 06:15

It is through short courses that I got to be employed in the field as I'm from previously disadvantaged background. I think of all those who are still financialy disadvantaged that won't afford financialy and timely this new curriculum suggested. Again short courses are straight to the point, Emergency Medical Care they dont include all this other things the suggested courses comes with of Rescues and Management which one can do in his own time and space at later stage

2016-07-29 06:41

so that everyone can afford education... it would not be fair if only the rich can afford ecp... way about those who have come half way with their studies and career? and still our country is still short of cca's

2016-07-29 07:36

Indeed we are strugling to stady futher because they dont allow us to go school we need goverment to implement more school n give us the chance to stady futher

2016-07-29 10:26

I really wish to study AEA but I have financial problems,so I will be very much happy if this petition can be successful.

2016-07-31 22:22

I fill that the unprivilege child in the country will have no opportunity to become or work within the emergency field as this will deprive them of that opportunity .

2016-10-16 12:41

I am the one of those will not benefit from the new training structure, therefore it will be better to retain the short courses for those who are already within ems to give them the chance to further their studies like me.