Hire Professor Alicia Liss For Full Time

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Hire Professor Alicia Liss For Full Time.

2014-07-20 18:43

Professor Liss is more than just an exceptional teacher. She understands that the student/teacher relationship in and out of the class room is essential for the "whole" student to not only be well educated but to learn the meaning of poverty (the subject she teaches) and what can be done to change it in our lives. She takes the "shame" out of poverty and demonstrates to her students that there is truly a way out of it. She takes the time, energy and personal steps in learning and understanding that each of her students are unique and valued; and that each student should have the knowledge and preparation for dealing with what society will throw at them as they graduate from college and step into the "real world." Do we want to lose such a person like Professor Liss, who sincerely cares about her students? Someone who takes the time out to listen to her students and is prepare to do whatever she can to assist and help them to move forward in their lives? I should say not. Let us band together and do everything we can to keep Professor Liss as a full time Professor at RVCC!

Barbara Cannell

Mark C

2014-07-22 03:03

She has truly touched the lives of hundreds, if not thousands, and deserves this role in people's lives.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-07-25 02:50

2014-07-25 02:52

Honestly one of the best professors at Rvcc. So much to learn in one of her classes... If you didn't leave with a HUGE life lesson then u weren't in the right class! No one can replace professor liss!
LCSW

2014-07-26 00:43

Professor Liss taught me how to come back to college and the reality of life.
In a metaphor she used with those like myself who are returning to school," Everyone else got on the first train they maybe ahead, however getting back to the station getting on the next one your going to the same destination , just delayed."
I was able to turn to Professor Liss more than any Councilor ,Professor or Teacher I had ever met.
Her poverty and society class showed me that even though I was not of wealth I still had great attributes and lessons I learned that would help me present and future. I remember midway through my first semester I didn't think I had it to be a student , work deal with my mental illness so I had to go away to the hospital. When I returned she welcomed me with open arms , supported and encouraged me to continue my education and so I did . I enrolled once more I took her sociology class and did it for once in my life something for myself the last thing she told me is you are a great student.
I will never forget her, her lessons, her kindheart , no one can truly match the amazing passion this woman exemplified daily in her classes.
Those who threw the stones I hope you feel the emptiness we all do a humanities department that teaches of empathy and decides to not to give the full time position to a woman who's educated some of RVCCs most successful students academically , who's humanity majors will now miss one of the best professors of all time.
http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1636605
More students who agree with her amazing teaching skills.