No WCF on Single-Family Property

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition No WCF on Single-Family Property.

2014-10-21 22:58

This attempt by this WCF leaves me wanting to say WTF, not again. How many times exactly are we as a community expected to tell them to leave the zoning for our neighborhoods alone. Belmont Planning staff and City Council just don't seem to get it since either staff don't live in Belmont or it doesn't affect uninformed Council members' neighborhoods.

2014-10-22 17:52

AT&T needs to either compensate the other home owners in the area or move it.

2014-10-22 17:55

If residents close by this project are opposed to it, I side with them. There are neutral places to put it. Why not on top of City Hall? Then all tax payers would benefit from the revenue.
Oneupsf

#4 Is this for real?

2014-11-01 07:18

Oh come on, your in Tech country for god's sake!

Birgit

#5 Re: Is this for real?

2014-11-01 16:27

#4: Oneupsf - Is this for real? 

Yes, indeed, this is for real, because real people live here and the installation would have a real and permanent negative impact on the neighborhood.

2014-11-08 00:50

Only In Belmont,we want a cut or get rid of it.

2014-11-14 00:55

Hope it succeeds.  Wonder if someone who's for it would like it next door.

2014-11-18 03:54

Isn't there enough noise pollution?  Too many people, too many cars, leaf blowers, tree trimmers, large loud trucks; why add to it?

2014-12-09 01:34

I don't have a specific issue with the location of this WCF, since that lot is HUGE, but I am worried that if the flood gates are opened, that the next ones won't be in such a good location, or be right in my backyard.  How many are they planning on installing?  What is the range of a WCF?  Will their eventually be one on every block?

Birgit

#10 Re: Location of Proposed WCF

2014-12-13 00:41

#9: -  

I was trying to figure out why you said the lot was huge, and the only explanation I was able to come up with is that you believe this installation is supposed to be on the property of Notre Dame de Namur University. It is not. The proposed location is actually on Notre Dame Avenue in the front yard of a single family residence on a lot of 50' x 100', without any setbacks. The property is surrounded by residences on all sides, so it's really not a good location at all.

You are right to worry about additional such installations, should this one be approved. According to the Chair of the Belmont Planning Commission, it is a given that more will follow. From what I understand, 4G/LTE signals have a rather short range, so in order to fill coverage gaps, carriers would likely apply for more installations like this one, not only in Belmont, put potentially all over California, maybe beyond. We don't want Belmont to set this kind of example for the rest of the state or the country!

Keep WCFs out of Belmont neighborhoods

#11 Issue and petition material

2015-01-08 23:07

I agree that this WCF does not belong in a single family zone neighborhood and the Planning Commission and City Council need to hear this loud and clear.

Note to whomever left a number of flyers in our mailbox today, 1/8/15, with only my husband's name on the top one--if you want support for your cause, try an inclusive approach to your issue marketing  in the neighborbood, as opposed to an obvious male-centric one. Both of us pay for/own our house and both our names are listed on property records.

#12 Re: Re: Location of Proposed WCF

2015-02-03 18:44

#10: Birgit - Re: Location of Proposed WCF 

I see the current cell site on a daily basis and it is a eye sore as it sits. I would welcome any change that AT&t would propose as it would be a upgrade to the existing site and would not be seen by anyone with there daily walks. Just my opinion

ETphonehome

#13 More coverage, more bandwidth!

2015-02-07 17:50

Sure got all the nabobs worked up on this one. 

2015-02-17 19:58

Alot of good this did. Ugly pole still there. Way to go petitioners