Stop Ebola Flights

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop Ebola Flights.

2014-10-15 18:22

This should have been done when Ebola was first discovered. They did not do it for AIDS and now millions are sick with the virus. They make the same stupid move on this deadly disease.

2014-10-15 21:02

This WH is trying to kill US now with there BS!

2014-10-16 03:04

MAKE IT STOP

2014-10-16 03:53

Thank you!!

2014-10-16 11:21

Although it would mess up the economy, and the normal way of daily living temporarily, I think that ALL non military air traffic should be stopped for at lest 21 days. (The sooner the better)

2014-10-16 12:08

More detail should be included for the petition to be successful.
What about travelers and US citizens from these affected African countries who gain entry into our country via flights from Europe or elsewhere? It is not just the flights, it is the people who are carriers of the virus that we should be addressing.
When is the crisis in Africa considered over? Is that a time stamp declared by WHO or our own CDC?
Also, it should be understood that healthcare workers who choose to enter these countries (experiencing uncontrolled viral spread) do so at their own risk, and will not necessarily be retrieved/flown out.
National quarantine and containment standards need to be set into law to eliminate the risk of an intra-US outbreak, while our government also determines the safest foreign policy regarding the US border containment.

2014-10-16 12:23

Like everything else with the Obama administration, this crisis has become political and the way it is handled has to be politically correct, even at the expense of putting American lives in danger.
Lisa

#8 Re:

2014-10-16 13:02

#1: -  

The Director of the CDC should step down! Clearly, he is incompetent as is his staff. What a total disgrace!

2014-10-16 13:05

I'm all for civil liberties but this is too much. Unless the government can guarantee 100% that Ebola will not enter the US, these drastic measures need to occur. Oh, wait... it's too late for that. It would be nice for the protection of our citizens be considered before politics.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-10-16 13:36

#11 Ebola threat

2014-10-16 13:41

I'm delighted that Ohio has prepared for the worst.  All flights should have been banned from Africa immediately and until further notice.  Makes one wonder about how serious the president is.

Thanks for making the petition available.  Dorothy Grappo

2014-10-16 13:41

Thanks for doing this, at last someone with common sense. Thanks to Governor Kasich for "mandatory" quarantine.

Keep us posted.

2014-10-16 13:56

I put the Petition of my Facebook page.

2014-10-16 14:56

This is dire. Get politics out of this and PROTECT this country.

2014-10-16 15:10

Why is it that this common sense approach, stopping flights/people coming here from Ebola infected countries, is apparent to US citizens, but, not apparent to our Congress and our President??!! I believe that our President wants this epidemic to spread here (During the Bush administration, changes to our quarantine rules were written. Adoption of the quarantine regulations was delayed through the remainder of the Bush administration after an outcry from the airline industry, which was concerned with costs, and civil libertarians who worried about the rights of passengers. Soon after President Barack Obama took office, the CDC said it was “important to public health” to move forward with the updates. However, in 2010, the administration (BARACK OBAMA, BY EXECUTIVE ORDER!!!), formally withdrew the proposed regulations. At the time, officials insisted they were coming up with a new set of rules, but no such plan has ever emerged. No clear explanation was offered for why the process stalled out, but some experts believe that it came down to a lack of will. Despite the Bush and Obama administrations’ rhetoric to the contrary, some experts believe that many in the government did not view the matter to be as urgent as public statements suggested, particularly in the face of constituencies opposed to the plans. Our country, since the beginning, has quarantined sick travelers coming into our country...via Ellis Island...or turned them around and sent them home. I believe that OBAMA wants to "show Americans what it is like to live in a third world country"..."why should Americans be privileged and live without such threats to their health". I do not trust this President ONE LITTLE BIT!!!

2014-10-16 16:11

The chanches for spreading increase exponentially
if the numbers of those infected increase.It would be reckless and foolish to not take strong preventive measures now.

2014-10-16 19:33

As soon as Ebola struck in Africa, I telephoned Brad Wenstrup's office and request that he ban all flights from Africa. He ignored me, our government has failed the American people.
Bettie Kohl

2014-10-16 19:41

SHOULD HAVE STOPPED FLIGHTS FROM AFRICA LAST YEAR.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-10-16 19:46

Pauli

#20 Great job, thanks!

2014-10-16 19:54

Great job. I signed and I'm posting at estquodest.com

Pauli

2014-10-16 20:25

I think this is a sensible precautionary measure. we feel that the president of the united states should not be sending our troops to ebola infected countries, as they may be exposed to this and bring this dreaded disease back to their families. thanks very much. steve and sue bryk

2014-10-16 20:43

Thank you Mr. Lynch for attempting do do something positive about this problem

2014-10-16 22:48

I SENT IT OUT TO MANY OTHERS.

2014-10-17 00:55

Thank you Matt Lynch! You are a true patriot and rally care about "the people." Unfortunately there are very few Congressmen like you.

The American people lost when you were not re-elected.

2014-10-17 02:54

Your calm, informative approach is going to help all of us to seek the truth. Thanks to Governor Kasich for his forethought and you for your care for our fellow Ohioans, as well as our country.