Stop Ebola Flights

/ #15

2014-10-16 15:10

Why is it that this common sense approach, stopping flights/people coming here from Ebola infected countries, is apparent to US citizens, but, not apparent to our Congress and our President??!! I believe that our President wants this epidemic to spread here (During the Bush administration, changes to our quarantine rules were written. Adoption of the quarantine regulations was delayed through the remainder of the Bush administration after an outcry from the airline industry, which was concerned with costs, and civil libertarians who worried about the rights of passengers. Soon after President Barack Obama took office, the CDC said it was “important to public health” to move forward with the updates. However, in 2010, the administration (BARACK OBAMA, BY EXECUTIVE ORDER!!!), formally withdrew the proposed regulations. At the time, officials insisted they were coming up with a new set of rules, but no such plan has ever emerged. No clear explanation was offered for why the process stalled out, but some experts believe that it came down to a lack of will. Despite the Bush and Obama administrations’ rhetoric to the contrary, some experts believe that many in the government did not view the matter to be as urgent as public statements suggested, particularly in the face of constituencies opposed to the plans. Our country, since the beginning, has quarantined sick travelers coming into our country...via Ellis Island...or turned them around and sent them home. I believe that OBAMA wants to "show Americans what it is like to live in a third world country"..."why should Americans be privileged and live without such threats to their health". I do not trust this President ONE LITTLE BIT!!!