Against Du Noon residents' settlement relocation

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Against Du Noon residents' settlement relocation.

2014-10-30 08:51

I think its a brilliant idea an a no no to du noon residents...we already a community who is trying our best to keep our streets clean

2014-10-30 08:53

Why where we not consult on this move.not enough resources for people currently living in Kensington/Factreton.

2014-10-30 09:08

The open space can be put to better use than locating it for a squatter camp.there are too many people waiting for houses to be built for them...from the space can also be allocated for parking for the graveyard..then there would less congestion on that part of voortrekker road especially weekends.
Taryn Roman
The author of this petition

2014-10-30 09:26

Hard Copy Petition will be sorted today, will try and get as much signatures as I can. My best bet will be to get signatures at the next meeting, please all try and come.

Thanks.

2014-10-30 09:32

done and dusted

2014-10-30 10:13

This is a violation of the rate payers rights in the Ken/Fac area. I say no to the relocation of Du Noon squatters!

2014-10-30 10:30

why must they always overcrowd the colored areas, lots of other land available to move them too.

2014-10-30 10:45

Please sign this petition!

2014-10-30 11:00

The resident in Kensington/factreton need housing themselves.. those people in Du noon can be moved somewhere else.

2014-10-30 11:01

Coloured community were oppressed in Apartheid and post apartheid. Hard working members of SA , dedicated to their low waged jobs. For once post Apartheid , put us as people , human beings , original inhabitants of the Western Cape first!
The PPL Want to KNOW

2014-10-30 11:11

I Say Follow The Money Trail... Who is looking to benifit from relocating the ppl of du noon. This will probably lead to a private investors seeking a commercial venture, that would be benifiting only themselves. Where as the move wont only cause increase in violence but furthermore poverty.. Many of the ppl in du noon work in the surrounding area, for them to move will cost the employers including the ppl of that community. How will the Kensington community cope with the increase of ppl, considering our police station, clinics, doctors, also our roads. As rate payers we as the community have the right..LOOK at the policy of Sea Point rate payers, they will not allow it. Why should We Accept it when its only seeking to benifit but a Hand Full..

Again We Would LIke to Know WHO is Financing this Project? 

2014-10-30 11:53

In Kensington/Factreton we have many back yard dwellers. People that is waiting for houses for many years. Why cant the people living in shanties on other peoples properties be given the first option to the land. Our area is already filled with gangsters, drugs and violent acts and gun shots are heard from time to time. We do have a huge crisis on our hands and the police cannot be everywhere at the same time. Please consider our request for peace. We don't need more unrest in our area. Please hear my plea for a better society.

2014-10-30 11:53

Kensington backyard dwellers who have been on the housing waiting list for more than 30 years need homes urgently.

2014-10-30 11:59

We need to stop making so much noise and stand up toegether. Government only acts upon the loop holes we ourselves create by lack of standing together and getting involved by keeping up to date with current affairs and making it our business to want more for ourselves, to better our own circumstances as coloured people, and more so just people of the nation (to refrain from making this a race or colour issue which is ultimately what it will become if we do not go about dealing with this matter accordingly).

#15 Re:

2014-10-30 12:02

#10: -  

Only we ourselves can do that. Go past the fact that certain people have it easier than others. This is our circumstance and we need to take a stand and improve our lives for our own sakes and benefits. All differences aside, we all have something in common; thirst for a better life and non but ourselves can get up and start doing something together as a community. It is by time we stand strong together.

2014-10-30 12:19

I have grown up in Kensington & totally agree that all parties are violating our democratic rights. How dare they think we will be acceptable of such invasion without putting up a fight.

2014-10-30 12:19

Unity is strength

2014-10-30 12:35

City of cope town is failing all of us..no good for the people

2014-10-30 12:52

Not right letting utha people live there and nt giving our own people first opportunity
MONIQUE

#20 SICK OF THIS!!

2014-10-30 13:19

I have lived in Kensington ALL MY 33 God given years!
Du noon residents are VICIOUS!!! they protest and commit violent acts!! ITS FACT!  burning tyres! my children will not be safe!!! I am going to hold transnet personally responsible!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU TAKE YOUR SQUATTERS TO PINELANDS OR KEEP THEM IN YOUR OWN DAMN BACK YARDS!!!!!!

Hope this teaches all us as residents of Kensington to stop voting ANC!!  They will do what they want, when they want and how they want to.  They have NO consideration for the residents of our community that need housing!

TAKE THEM TO NAKANDLA!! I'm sure JACOB HAS SPACE!!!

TIRED OF THIS!!!!

Taryn Roman

#21 Re: Re:

2014-10-30 14:14

#15: - Re:  

I fully agree with you! It's pointless we complain and complain and do nothing about it. Let's stand together as a community so that we can get our point across. Why are they not doing this to 'upper class' communities? Because they are not allowing it, so why should we? Come on Kensingtonians!!! Lets do this!!! :)

2014-10-30 14:14

Kensington has insufficient resources as it is. This extra illegal influx will break the infrastructure of this already broken suburb. Say NO to relocation!
Taryn Roman

#23 Re:

2014-10-30 14:15

#14: -  

YES YES & YES!!

2014-10-30 14:21

Why not give people houses and better living conditions, Kensington people will suffer and do already, why make life more diffucult for them, and what about the safety of our people.

2014-10-30 14:57

Life is a Choice choosing against the dunoon ppl moving to Kensington I making the choice for my kids and the future of our community keeping our kids safe