Support the Ale House Staff

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Support the Ale House Staff.

2014-12-01 17:54

What an awesome place Pete's Alehouse has been to visit on the many trips all of Annie Slamka's family members from Wisconsin, Colorado, Washington and Florida States. Congratulations to the new owner, your continuing tradition of the Alehouse, with its exceptional staff and fair pricing combining for a memorable experience you can't just find anywhere. Bob and Pattie eill be viditing this Easter (2015) and look foreard to visiting wirh the new management. Best of luck in your new endeavor and have a wonderful Christmas. Proud ownership and great employee relations will result in great success. See you before you know it. Bob."the Slammer" Slamka

2014-12-01 18:43

The bartenders' hospitality is what brings me here every time that I'm in town!

2014-12-01 19:08

The staff of the Ale house make it one of the go-to places in the neighborhood. Even though the food, beer and spirit selection has always been top shelf, we keep going there because of the friendly and knowledgeable staff. I know I can speak for others when I say that we consider the staff to be members of our extended Brooklyn families.

I'm sure you will bring some changes to the place, but I sincerely hope you continue to employee the current staff in the new Ale house. I know you will find them to be an invaluable asset.

2014-12-01 19:17

Been going here for the great food, the great service, and the camaraderie for a number of years. The staff are excellent.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-12-01 19:26

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-12-01 19:27

2014-12-01 20:11

Been a patron of this establishment for 25 years

2014-12-01 22:39

I have been going to the Ale House at the current, and previous location for many years. I have tons of friends, and it is because of the wonderful staff-I wanted to come back over and over.
I met my husband there. I asked Sam to cater our wedding. We have been to many celebrations, and many tributes to friends' whom we lost.
If the current staff can still work there, it would be terrific for many, many people.

#9 Support the Ale House Staff

2014-12-01 23:22

Congrats on your new business.  That being said, I would love for you to keep the current Staff. They're all greay!

2014-12-01 23:30

I absolutely second EVERYTHING said in the above petition. This place is an institution and the staff is a HUGE part of the Waterfront's iconic charm!!!!

2014-12-02 03:34

Pete's Waterfront Ale House is as inviting as any establishment I've ever been to, but it wouldn't be so without the heart and soul of the place, namely the staff.

2014-12-02 11:23

I have celebrated Oktoberfest with my friends at the Waterfront Ale House every year for a decade. A fine tradition, that I would like to continue for decades to come.

2014-12-02 11:44

Patron for three years. What makes this place wonderful is the staff.

2014-12-02 17:42

The alehouse is a very special place. There is a great senseof community. Please don't change that.

2014-12-02 20:07

We visit our kids half a dozen times a year and we visit the Alehouse each time we are in town. Lunch/Dinner/or just a couple drinks at the bar. Love, love, love the people who take care of us each time we are there.

2014-12-03 00:53

For the last 10 years when ever I am in NY I stop by the ALE house. The food is wonderful, the prices are reasonable and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and they actually remember people even if you haven't been there for awhile.

2014-12-03 20:15

I agree with all of these comments - the staff are truly the heart and soul of Pete's and without them I'm not sure my husband and I would go there as often as we do.  

2014-12-04 16:30

keep it real.
peep

#19 You have a built in staff

2014-12-04 18:19

Hello, Mr. Gomez.

Welcome to our neighborhood. You are extremely lucky to inherit a longtime, dedicated staff. Why change that? These good folks have proven their love for Pete's. I hope you will let them keep their jobs. 

Steve

#20 Adding to the laudations

2014-12-05 00:24

Mr. Gomez,

Welcome to the neighborhood.  My wife and I have been coming to the Ale House for 10 years, and have been regulars for the past 4.  We made the decision to move to Brooklyn at the Ale House's bar, and last year purchased a place across the street.

The bar in general, and the staff in particular, are one of the best parts of the neighborhood.  It's our go-to place for any occasion, and so much of the reason for that is the staff.  It's so rare these days to have a truly neighborhood joint where the staff are and have been a part of that neighborhood, and it would be tragic to loose that.  Please, please keep them on board.

Far less important: please keep the Pulled Pig (best BBQ I've had north of the Mason Dixon Line) and Texas Dip as well.

JLa

#21 Don't change the best thing about the neighborhood

2014-12-05 00:59

Best. Bartenders. Ever. Mary, Dmitri, Peter, Cory and Jerry all rock. Do you know how many places we go that have an extensive beer list, but the bartenders know nothing about the offering? Never the case at Pete's. Burgers and Beer beyond compare, and so many other great dishes and specials, but it's really the staff that brings us back. I'd be terribly sad to see any of them go.

Pizza - while I love it, too much in the nabe. Keep burgers, ribs and wonderful sausages! Thanks so much

BklynJace

#22 Change is fine, but don't break it...

2014-12-05 02:14

My wife and I have been going to Pete's since we arrived in 1995 -- we date back to when it was in Last Exit's space. Our son, now 12, took his first-ever trip there when he was eight or nine days old, and some of the staff know he likes one booth because it's the same one he was in as a newborn.

Looking forward to what you'll bring to the place, but please keep the stuff that works and the staff who make it work...

2014-12-05 03:04

Great friendly pub!! No place feels as comfortable!! Thank You

2014-12-05 11:56

The people who work at the Ale House have always been so kind to our son, from when he was a little boy. Please let them keep their jobs. Thank you!

2014-12-05 13:39

Great Ale! Alway warm friendly service! It's the neighborhood Cheers Bar! Can't imagine going in and not seeing the servers or customers! Very sad to see this era end! Best burgers Great Great Chef! Thanks Ralph!!!