Bring full real treatment for ALL lymphoedema sufferers !

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Bring full real treatment for ALL lymphoedema sufferers !.

2014-12-28 17:43

Please sign. It's important!
LegsEleven

2014-12-30 09:09

This is a world-wide debilitating condition that is poorly funded, both in treatment and in research programmes.  Causes are not always clear.  It can be genetic.  It is often the result of post-surgery damage to the lymph system.  It affects the lives of babies, young children and adults, but particularly the elderly. If not correctly treated with the very limited treatments available it can cause loss of limbs, serious skin problems and increased weight - leading to lack of mobility and other problems associated with such restrictions.

2014-12-30 11:46

I know of a young man who has suffered from this condition since birth. He has been very brave, despite sporadic treatment on a hit and miss basis over the years. He, and all the other sufferers, deserve our support.

2014-12-30 13:25

pigs will fly in ukraine

#5 Re:

2015-01-21 06:12

#2: LegsEleven -  

exactly

2015-09-29 14:30

I had great difficulty obtaining the diagnosis of lymph build up in my lower leg and abdomen following surgical removal of my prostate gland 12 lymph nodes and a margin of tissue in 2012. That diagnosis was only obtained following angry denial by NHS medical professionals including a week long stay in hospital due to DVT risk. Thankfully the Lymphodema Charity and Macmillan Cancer Support arranged a consultation with a Lymphodema PT who prescribed the necessary full length compression hose and wrote to my GP advising on treatments required to prevent the infection which could have resulted in Lymphoedem. But had I not looked for advice nothing would have been done. And I have met several ladies who have had a very difficult time due to Lymphodema following breast cancer. And the situation for people with primary lymphoedema is also very distressing for all.