Support for "Henry J. DeMito Memorial Plaque"

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Support for "Henry J. DeMito Memorial Plaque".

2015-03-11 12:17

He is a Baseball Legend...but above that a great man...as one of the few kids of color to play for Coach...he let it be known from the start...he didn't care where you came from, what your story was, color....if you can play AND keep your head on straight you had a place on his team...and once you are on THE TEAM you are there for life...

2015-03-11 13:29

He cared about winning, but he cared about us as kids more.  I'll never forget the late nights sitting on the bleachers just listening to him talk about anything and everything.  20+ years later I still find myself quoting him and thinking back to many of his stories. 

2015-03-11 13:37

Henry was more than a coach. He was a very caring individual. He took time to visit both me and my husband when we were hospitalized on different occasions.

2015-03-11 14:56

For many years, PW baseball WAS Hank DeMito.this is the best way to repay his memory.

2015-03-11 16:00

Hank was a great coach both in football and head coach in baseball. He taught his players about the game but more important he taught us about life. I loved playing football and baseball but we loved also playing for the man.

2015-03-11 18:10

A well deserved honor for someone who gave his all to Plymouth Whitemarsh.

2015-03-11 19:22

Can't think of a more perfect name for the PW baseball field!

2015-03-12 02:28

There's no question - this needs to happen!

2015-03-12 03:12

He was the heartbeat of Plymouth Whitemarsh High School baseball

He deserves this and so does Plymouth Whitemarsh!

2015-03-12 10:32

Hank DeMito deserves this fitting honor!! "Just do it!!"

2015-03-12 14:39

Traveling to PW to play was an intimidating bus ride. Hank Demito was the reason. I got to know him And his family personally and he was a true gentleman. A.Fidler

2015-03-12 16:55

Plymouth Whitmarsh was a integral part of Hank Demito's life. I have had the privilege of being a part of P.W. for over 42 years and I can honestly say there was no one more dedicated to the ideas of P.W. He remained faithful to the school, students and peers of P.W.to the end. Even on his last months in the hospital, his conversation was about his former students and players. He was truly proud of his players and often became their "Step-Father". I hope we can someway support Hank and I feel that the Field Name in his honor will benefit all of us who knew him.

#13 Re:

2015-03-13 00:11

#9: -  

He definitely deserves a park.  He needs some walls and fences so you could still hear his one liners

2015-03-13 13:27

I tried out for the team in '95 and didn't make the team. But he respected me in giving me a clearly defined reason and still he saw enough in me to offer me a second chance. I declined as I respected his reasoning behind his decision. I really respected that as we had never interacted before and didn't have to be that open or honest with me. It was about respect. It was for reasons like this that he touched so many lives. It's not just about winning the state championship, it was about respecting the game and the people that want to play it. If you name the fields after him, in some small way you name the fields after all of us. Even those of us that didn't make the team.

2015-03-16 14:32

Hank gave his all to the PW community. He cared for the students and gave a positive role model to those who played baseball under his guidance.

2015-03-17 16:41

I`m a former student of PWHS and so were my three sons. Had Mr. DeMito as a former teacher and coach.