Keep Steven Universe LGBT friendly!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep Steven Universe LGBT friendly!.

2015-03-15 20:42

People, especially silly soccer moms, shouldn't overreact over a good cartoon show.

2015-03-15 20:44

The world needs progress, we need to keep moving forward.

2015-03-15 21:15

It's 2015, people. Gay, bi-sexual, pansexual etc. people exist. Gender has no boundaries. They're less represented, and they aren't hurting ANYBODY. They need more representation, so that children can become less intolerant, and more open minded. Unlike the bigoted, intolerant parents who brought this to attention. 

Petition Host

#4 Re:

2015-03-16 17:35

#3: -  

I completely agree and every signature helps, I hope that if we can get even more signatures, hopefully T.V. Stations will begin to understand that LGBT characters are actually wanted and are not a bad thing on their shows but an excellent representation of how our world is growing in acceptance and positivity 

2015-03-16 21:35

finaly we gots some smart people here. totaly freakin signing

2015-03-24 13:51

I signed this petition because have them push to have more LGBT themes is real life. Its homophobic, immoral and wrong to censor this from the public and if there can be a straight in cartoons then there can be LGBT couples too.

2015-03-24 14:24

I'm queer and I think representation should appear in kids show for kids that might be lgbtq so they know they're not alone.

2015-03-24 14:39

Cuz LGBT should be exposed to minors. Its not a problem. Its a way of life

2015-03-24 19:00

I agree,being apart of the lgbt community myself, there is nothing wrong with having lgbt in cartoons. My siblings had no problem with the themes in the episode. It was the same with my mom. :)

2015-03-26 19:33

Parent's who don't want their kids to see this theme are pretty shallow and restricting. Not to mention, most likely, homophobic. Not wanting your child to watch this because you're afraid that they will become like these characters, is like telling your child not to look at African American people because they will then become black. That makes no sense. You should just let your child figure out their sexuality without your influence, and let them be themselves! If there are supporters out there, don't be afraid to sign this petition!

2015-06-13 09:05

I signed this petition because if we don't encourage this change we'll be stuck in the dark ages forever. Love is a beautiful thing, whether it be with a man and a woman, two men, or two women.

2015-08-04 06:40

I simply believe if a boy and girl can kiss on a kids show so should two women/men/other.

2016-01-09 02:49

Cause there is no need to censor two people in love kissing each other

2016-08-05 23:31

When I have children I want them to have cartoons that have positive and thought provoking themes. Steven Universe is a fantastic example of a cartoon done right. Whether or not my children are gay, straight, bi, or otherwise makes no difference to me. It shouldn't make a difference to any parent that loves their kids. My husband and I are both straight, but please, PLEASE keep the LGBT themes in this show! The characters are so well written. Don't change that for a bunch of control freaks. Respect the artist that brought us the show, for she has given us something beautiful.