Off-leash dog parks SLC

Off-leash dog parks SLC / Announcements / Opposition to dog parks abounds / Comments

2015-08-02 17:05

Linda,

Janine here. I have some ideas. And yes, I'm frustrated too. My inside sources tell me the "dog leash people" (as they refer to us) are the laughing stock of the council meetings. Whenever the subject comes up, there's a lot of eye rolling and bru-ha-ha.

We need to work on our overall image as a group. We're more than just a bunch of crazy "dog people". We need to choose our dialogue and turn the "image" boat around. We're athletes, as much as any bicyclist. We're TAXPAYERS, and VOTERS, too. We own this town. We have every right to set up a meeting with our elected mayor. Council meetings would be packed to the rafters if they were held at 5:30 instead of 4:00. I was pretty steamed, after taking time off work to be there, that the mayor had previously instructed  the dog park issue be removed from the agenda "in lieu of more pressing business." Seriously mayor?  a man without a dog.

Dog-walking needs to be encouraged and accepted as the recreational choice of millions of Americans of every age whose dogs trick them daily into getting what they need - sunshine, nature, exercise, and a daily dose of community.

My dog has introduced me to some really cool people. And one of them is you, Linda!

Let's do some brainstorming, Linda. We're not being taken very seriously. We can change that. 801-230-8203. Call me.

Janine Gardner

801-230-8203. Call me.