AC for all dorms at Iowa State University

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition AC for all dorms at Iowa State University.

2015-09-04 06:01

I live in the towers on the sixth floor and I could not concentrate in class one bit. The reason was because I did not get any sleep the night before due to being uncomfortable when trying to sleep. This heat is so terrible that you cannot stay cool enough to be able to sleep. Sleep is an essential part of your health and well being.

#2 Re:

2015-09-04 06:04

#1: -  

That is why I created it.

2015-09-04 12:12

Not to be a Debbie downer but you do realize how much money it would cost to add A/C to one dorm building, yet alone the 7 that don't have A/C. My friend's dad owns an air conditioning contracting company and so he said that since these buildings are old and have no duct work to install the A/C in, that it would be super expensive to install. I'm not saying that this is a bad idea but just warning you that the price for A/C in all the dorms could increase every student's tuition by a few thousand dollars, not to mention the hassle of dealing with the construction/installation for a semester.

2015-09-04 12:19

I love I towers 5th floor and I just woke up shaking because my body is weak from dehydration even with drinking 7 bottles of water a day and going through two during the night.

The creator

#5 Re:

2015-09-04 12:23

#3: -  What isn't expesive in todays world? With careful budgeting and a good AC contractor things can get done. They either put AC in all of the Dorms or, build new ones, the latter is far more expensive. So new AC. #BERNIE2016 FREE COLLEGE TUITION!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015-09-04 12:47

I can't sleep at night because of how hot it is. Last night i didn't get to bed until 3:30 am, and that was only after three hours of tossing and turning and a cold shower.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-09-04 13:21

2015-09-04 19:07

2015-09-04 19:09

I have been getting very light headed these last few nights. It is hard to even function at all in this heat.

2015-09-04 23:26

Without air conditioning, people could get heatstroke. That's not very healthy. If I'm going to be living in Friley when I get to ISU, then I want to be healthy, too.

2015-09-05 07:50

2015-09-05 13:53

I live in towers and I literally cannot focus in class because I can't sleep due to the heat in our dorms. I can't fall asleep, and when I do, I can't stay asleep, and it's causing me to fall asleep in my classes which isn't okay.