From Horse and Carriage to E-rickshaw - Nassau, Bahamas

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition From Horse and Carriage to E-rickshaw - Nassau, Bahamas.

2016-02-18 14:32

I have actually seen MANY cases of abuse against these beautiful and loving horse, posted pics on facebook groups, voiced my concerns on tv, as well as others in this country and internationally have tried to stop this crazy situation with our Surrey horses. Yet the gov does absolutely NOTHING about it.

#3 Re:

2016-02-18 15:56

#2: -  

Please share and promote this petition both locally and international. I would love to get a copy of some of those photos. At the end of this petition, I would like to work along with you and others to put together a report to present to the government.

2016-02-18 16:18

I abhor the mistreatment of any living thing !

2016-02-18 16:23

The heat and congestion on the roads is just too much for these poor animals.

2016-02-18 18:12

We need to join this century and leave this out dated, inhumane and barbaric practice behind. The alternative is clear with Rickshaws!

2016-02-18 18:58

I hate seeing these poor horses in the heat looking like they are
going to drop dead at any moment.

2016-02-18 20:56

The use of Surrey Horses in this day and age is barbaric. They are forced to work in bumper to bumper traffic in hot, humid, tropical conditions with little water, shade or care. Their overall physical condition is deplorable to begin with, so to see them constantly suffer is ridiculous. This has to STOP!

#9 Re: Re:

2016-02-18 21:13

#3: - Re:  

You can get lots of pictures from Facebook on the ban surrey horses in the Bahamas and stop the brutal abuse if surrey horses in the Bahamas and end the brutal abuse  of surrey horses. There are also a load of videos on YouTube under magicmaster777 so you can share them as well 

#10 Re: Re: Re:

2016-02-18 21:16

#9: - Re: Re:  

Thanks.

2016-02-18 21:29

Societies are judged by how they treat the weakest & most helpless among their society, which includes animals, children, the elderly & the mentally & physically disabled. Often change only occurs when it affects the strongest in societies financially. Only then will leaders do what's right and what should have been done long ago. Horses are highly sentient beings, more so even than dogs, and to let these animals live a life of misery is wrong. If there is any justice in the universe, what goes around will come back to those who perpetuate or enable the perpetuation of this horrific treatment of a sweet helpless animal.

2016-02-18 22:56

This is disgraceful.

2016-02-18 23:21

The surrey horses in Nassau have been basically left to fend for themselves. They don't have proper food, shelter nor medical care. Their hooves are overgrown and split. They're lame. They are malnourished and ABUSED on a daily basis --- yet, made to work in the most horrendous conditions - in the middle of traffic congestion, breathing in fumes from cars and buses. The temperature goes up to over 90 degrees in the summer and they are made to work continuously. Their water troughs are too small and often empty due to broken pipes. To see them struggling with carriages laden with tourists is enough to break your heart. This has to stop. We cannot condone animal abuse. These horses are NOT A TOURISM PRODUCT - THEY LIVE AND FEEL. End this now!

2016-02-19 00:53

I agree that the time has come for a new beginning and place more consideration for the welfare of the horses that struggle each day on our streets amid the traffic. "There has to be a better way to carriage our tourist in these times. I am glad that someone has seen fit to bring this humiliating experience of our horses to the attention of the citizens of our country. "I support a change.

2016-02-19 01:43

This travesty has been going on since I moved here in the early 70's.It tears my heart apart to see this poor horses pulling an overload of people and he can barely muster the energy .Ribs showing and no water. The fumes from the diesel and auto is very disturbing..Please bring this to an end.

2016-02-19 03:28

It is long overdue and necessary, electric is the way to go!

2016-02-19 11:48

The inhumane state of horses being used for this tourist venture should be enough for us to make the move. The fact that many of the horses are malnourished, no doubt because of the expense of bails of hay should justify moving from horses to a 2 cylinder rickshaw. Buy gas and safe a horse.

2016-02-19 15:56

Makes horse-sense!

2016-02-19 16:02

Although I Deathly Afraid of Horses ! I don't like seeing them mistreated, and you can see that are clearly not taken care of properly

2016-02-19 16:21

This is too cruel and needs to be stopped. It is inhumane!

2016-02-19 17:29

I can no longer bare to even look at these poor creatures as I travel through town. The conditions they go home to are rough as well. Yes, i have seen it...muck up to their ankles and thrown wonder bread and left over peas n rice to eat. Shame this has been allowed to continue in this day and age.

2016-02-19 17:49

Because it's about time

2016-02-19 19:04

This is a sad site to see on a daily basis in our town. They are obviously not cared for in a proper environment and the authorities are not able to police the well being of these animals. I know this is a job for the owners but there is an animal life involved and an image we in the Bahamas should betray - that this is not acceptable treatment of animals.

2016-02-19 21:52

Because this should have happenend years ago!!

2016-02-19 22:51

I cannot stand to see the torture and maltreatment of these horses one more day.

Paid advertising

We will advertise this petition to 3000 people.

Learn more...