Opposition to ZC-16-096

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Opposition to ZC-16-096.

2016-06-01 03:29

It makes no sense to put a dusty noisy industrial business with massive volume of huge heavy trucks within a half mile of a school and a neighborhood. Imagine the outcry if this was proposed within a half mile of Tanglewood!! This will have a large negative impact on our quality of life, and the whole purpose of zoning laws is to ensure things like this cannot happen!

2016-06-01 03:50

A facility like that does not belong in the middle of the city. It belongs out in the country where the noise and dust won't impact thousands of people.

2016-06-01 04:33

I am opposed to the concrete crushing facility for multiple reasons, increased truck traffic, noise pollution, allergies, and safety concerns to name a few.

2016-06-01 04:50

The Cement Recycling Plant is not needed in this area.

2016-06-01 05:23

Inappropriate

2016-06-01 06:35

I live in Riverside, I think the dust would be awful and the noise would be even worse.

2016-06-01 07:54

I live in Riverside, there are several concrete company's already in Riverside when it is dry in the summer there is a dust problem. You drive down Sylvania you have to roll the windows up because of the dust. And I am sure there will be added noise and more trucks in the area.

2016-06-01 11:54

I strongly oppose a concrete recycling plant because of the negative effect it will have on the quality of life and development of the east side for many years ro come.

2016-06-01 13:26

They have thrown enough industrial and homeless at the east side . If is time other parts of the city take one for the team. It is difficult to revitalize this part of our city without any help from our local govt. We don't need them to continue to throw everything they don't want seen in their backyards in ours.

2016-06-01 14:54

For the reasons stated, as well as the fact that I have specific concerns from a health perspective. I have had an asthmatic condition since childhood and now...at age 73...have fullblown asthma. At the present time I take oral medication with occasional episodes of a breathing treatment with a nebulizer on an as needed basis. While I am two miles due south of the proposed location, it is impossible to predict when a stout north wind will drive silica dust to my location. Since I already have asthma, it is also impossible to predict exactly when or how I might be impacted with silicosis.

2016-06-01 15:17

I have bronchial asthma, making it impossible to go outside on yellow and orange Ozone action days, be around dust, cigarette smoke, perfumes, and chemical smells - I choke! Having this cement recycling plant within a mile from our house - I will be trapped inside forever not to mention the air quality being even more compromised! When Chesapeake started the gas drilling across I-30 and Oakland, I felt the effects immediately - smelling the chemicals in the air, causing me to use my nebulizer even more often. The school close to the proposed plant will be covered with cement dust, deafened by the constant trucks rumbling, unloading, speeding, tearing up the roads. Neighbors surrounding the proposed site will be subjected to constant noise, dust, and have to play "dodge the cement in the road" with their cars. NO NO NO NO! NO RECYCLING CEMENT PLANT!!! I love to breathe!