DRT Oshawa Stop the changes to the 401 Simcoe bus route

DRT Oshawa Stop the changes to the 401 Simcoe bus route / Announcements / update / Comments

2016-06-25 16:58

The ONLY way to stop them is with a Human Rights Complaint of Adverse Effect Discrimination!!!! The financial cost of compensating effected riders will be crippling to the DRT I was in talks with the lawyer Soojin Lee from the DRT and have informed them if they do the changes on Monday I will file the complaint against them asking 2.5 million in compensation for effected riders. The more effected riders who join in this action the better. I would appreciate ANY and all pictures of inaccessible stops as well as distance measurement from where the stop this petition is about to where they are moving it too (use google maps click walking distance) The bigger the adverse effect the larger the compensation will be from the Human Rights tribunal. I hate to say it but they do not care about a petition.

2016-06-26 01:08

I read the article in the local newspaper and was not impressed with what Mr. Patterson had to say regarding that they are trying to give more people on the Ritson road area access to this route. As far as I can see this could have been done with an additional bus at rush hour like the other 401 routes such as the downtown 401b and the 401c to the Go station. I believe that if Mr. Patterson and other politicians and stakeholders in planning of bus routes actually got on these buses for at least a month and saw and felt what it is like to have to rely on them that things would be fixed much sooner and these stupid and ridiculous changes would not take place.

2016-07-15 00:41

The bus was prefect please don't change them