Call for a fair unbiased visa treaty between Australia and PNG

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Call for a fair unbiased visa treaty between Australia and PNG.

2011-09-28 15:09

My god, boat people coming into Oz are treated better!! I support this whole-heartedly. If it weren't for PNG's Courage, Endurance, Mateship & Sacrifice (four extraordinary words from Isurava) things would probably be very different in Australia. For god sake we should all be treated equally. They are our nearest and dearest neighbours. High Commission please open your eyes and hearts.

2011-09-28 23:12

I hope that this pettition helps ease the waiting the and the unfair scrutiny that all papua new guineans go through when sending in their visa applications to travel australia. Regardless of the type of visa, we should not be treated the way we currently are by the AHC.

2011-09-29 06:05

Well done to Simon for starting this. We support you and are with you 100%! We are proud Papua New Guineans and we don't need to be treated in this way by our Aussie neighbours who we have built strong and positive ties with over the course of history.
Whatever security concerns they have should be dealt with through the proper political channels and not taken out on the common law-abiding citizens of this country who ask for nothing more than to be cut some slack when 'visiting' their country.
Keep up the great work and we'll support in whatever means possible!

#29 Re:

2011-09-29 06:45

#1: -  

Accord the same measure to Australians entering PNG  too. Put a blanket ban and give them the same taste. This should be the way to go.....I am signning up and hope the many other will ....

2011-09-29 07:09

Umi wanem, carpet bilong ol???

2011-09-30 01:08

Papua new guineans should also be allowed to apply for online visa, just like some countries citizens.
after all our relationship with Australia goes a long way this should mean something, so we treated a bit differently from the boat people and the rest.

2011-09-30 04:22

Well done..a great iniative-let your views and disappointments be heard.This is for a good course and lets all give our support.Lets us all be given fair treatment.

2011-09-30 16:17

I want to be treated like a human being, not an animal or a common criminal. Standing out in the hot, tropical sun can be an degrading experience. Give us more respect, those who are working in the visa section of the Australian High Commission. And do not take our bribery or do not expect us to offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-10-03 12:39

Surely a Govt to Govt agreement can be reached. This has gone beyond a joke
PNG Wantok

2011-10-03 12:43

The Govt should refuse to allow the Indian company to operate as a business in PNG. Period. The company should not be registered, no work permit should be issued and the people that run that company should not be allowded into the country.

2011-10-10 03:32

Way to go, its by time genuine PNGeans are respected and treated with some decency and fairness

2011-10-10 05:11

This petition is a positive sign of to fight the visa issue we facing in PNG. Many people have waste alot of money on applying for Australian visa and they are rejectiong around 80% of the visa's submitted. We should be retreated fairly like other Pacific Countries instead of being hass on us...

2011-10-11 03:54

This is a worthy call for genuine Papuan New Guineans..As a team, we can make a difference for the governments of Australia and PNG to look into and address this issue.

2011-10-11 04:52

Papua New Guineans are not assylum seekers or boat people who are trying to go into Australia illegally so they must be treated properly when they are applying for visa to travel to Australia.

2011-10-11 07:22

Yes it's about time.

2011-10-14 19:09

Australia should show true friendship, by removing the racist non immigration barriers on PNGians travelling to Australia, at least with those with a two-way ticket. Australia is applying the ultimate, the extreme, the odious, the racist, the anti Islamic type policy/ visa regime against PNG. Wow...! what a
hipocrite... trying to contain PNG with your "griss money" PNG speak up! We have a bully in the neighbourhood. If we can travel to most Asian countries and the UK without visa then, whats the big deal with these Aussies? Australia! are you listening! Please explain.

2011-10-15 09:21

My granddad is not an Australian BORN citizen however he has being a loyal Australian citizen for some 60 plus years. AHC in Brisbane advised that he like all Aussie Citizens are eligible to sponsor their children to migrate to Australia. However it is not the same with AHC in Port Moresby who advised that my poor aging old granddad DOES NOT have the right like all Australian born citizen therefore he is not eligible to sponsor his son to migrate to Australia. Confusing.

2011-10-15 10:01

our visa policy is relaxed and we have too many thugs from Australian blue and white collar walking through the gateways of our gorgeous county..R E G U L A T E

2011-10-15 14:20

Hi all, let me suggest that we not demand "anything" unless we deserve it. It's a fact of life - we'd rather live in Australia over PNG, many have over-stayed or tried to do a runner. Thus, the strict rules - and it applies to EVERYBODY. Aussies go through the same ridiculous red tape on the reverse - they don't "demand" immediate access because of the billions of aid they pour into PNG. By the way, it's our fellow PNGEANS who, out of greed, delve in bribery. GOOD LUCK, ANYWAY!
Wmiriye

2011-10-16 06:49

As a Papnua New Guinean living in the USA and seeing how neighboring nations like the Bahamas and US allowing it's citizens tp go back and forth within their countries repectively with birth certificates only is a testament to good relationships. Shame on you Australia!

2011-10-25 06:20

no comments

2011-10-25 06:33

I, a PNG citizen applied for visa from US to spend holiday while traveling with my US friends, these USA friends did not need a visa while I have to fill in 8page application form...goodness... Im not from Syria or Uganda in Africa...

2011-10-26 05:05

I want to join

2011-11-06 02:33

PNG is now regarded by major world economies as the emerging ‘jewel’ of the Pacific and despite all the political rhetoric on the ties between the two countries, Australia’s true attitude is reflected in its immigration policy which falls short of treating the people of PNG as citizens from a ‘terrorist’ state. Let me ask the Australian Govt. and people how much threat/risk ordinary PNGeans pose to the economy and sovereignty of its people? On behalf of our citizens, I strongly suggest we hand this petition to local MP , Governor of NCD and champion of human rights, honourable Powes Parkop to take this plea up another level to the highest institution of the land, the PNG Parliament as a matter of national and bilateral interest. It is important a fair policy is applied considering the large business interest and strategic position PNG is to Australia. We can urge our Government to dump Australia and increase our ties with the Asian ‘tigers’ if the Australian ‘kangaroo’ continues such policy.
wantok09

#50 action speak louder than words

2011-11-10 17:28

Action speak louder than words, so take on it.
The immigration/Visa policies of Aust is prejudice to the PNG as we all know of our long history.

Pls toktok planty em inap ya, wokim action tasol.