Friends of Thorpe Woodlands - petition against proposal to build 300 houses over this Wildlife Site

2016-10-01 03:19

I wholeheartedly disagree and condemn these proposals for 300 new houses. I live opposite these woods which was one of the main reasons we bought the house and would hate them to be built on. We already have enough traffic coming through Plumstead Road East as it is so we certainly don't need anymore. we don't need these houses as all sites have been allocated for housing in our area. Basically this is just a scheme by the developers and owners to make money. They don't care about all the wildlife and habitats that will be destroyed. We must keep these woods to offset the pollution that will be created by the housing developments without adding more unnecessarily.

2016-10-01 05:30

There is no need for the woods to built on, how can the owners say that destroying part of the woods would help wildlife. the information supplied by the owners is totally misleading, and the whole plan is being driven by greed. There is no need for these houses, as there are more than enough houses planned at other sites.

2016-10-01 07:16

I live near the woodland and see how much wonderful wildlife inhabits it. The council had already deemed this land unsuitable for development, and with plans for more houses on the land surrounding it on Salhouse Road, I think we really need to keep this as a green space and protect it as a county wildlife site.

2016-10-01 07:17

I used to live right by the woods and loved them. The charm of thorpe will be destroyed forever.

2016-10-01 07:25

I am massively opposed to this proposed development in these beautiful woods by selfish money grabbing persons.

2016-10-01 07:38

I'm signing this petition because I believe we have a responsibility to our natural environment, it's important and crucial for our well being, and because Thorpe Woodlands is a particularly valuable natural area on the edge of Norwich. The local area already has sufficient planned area for housing. There is also an integrated plan for maintaining a Green Infrastructure for the benefit of the environment and the people of Norwich. For a development company to then suggest, it's a wonderful idea to build in the middle of a this woodland County Wildlife Site is ludicrus. That nature, it's rare plant species, the woodland habitat will be improved by building a housing estate on it and disturbing and degrading the rest with heavy machinery, construction and access roads, is insane. The developers ironically named 'Socialy Conscious Capital' are ignoring the natural value of this site to Norwich, it's people, local democracy, local planning for a sutainable future. With no logical motive other than profit, this company seems to be suggesting that 'Norfolk Wildife Trust' sites would be better as housing estates.

2016-10-01 07:39

Have walked in these woods for 20 years. Thorpe needs green space. Children are brought to walk there too and it needs to be protected for future generations.

2016-10-01 08:26

I am firmly against this development proposed for thorpe woods

2016-10-01 08:27

Thorpe Woods are a precious part of the rapidly dwindling British woodland. To destroy even part of them at a time when we are being urged to create new areas of woodland would be extremely foolish. The developers have a reassuring, cosy name ('Socially Conscious...') which belies their record of destructive and selfish activities elsewhere. Their proposals for Thorpe Woodlands must be completely rejected.

2016-10-01 08:37

I support the need for more housing but not in woodland. New woods have been planted around the country so destroying an existing one is a retrograde step.

2016-10-01 08:48

It is quite outrageous that these developers persist despite the council, the public and wildlife authorities being against any development.

2016-10-01 08:52

This development has already been ruled out. Why are these people persisting?

2016-10-01 09:01

Why wouldn't I? The council has said this land is not needed for building on. The owners resemble Tesco in their relentless, greedy approach.

2016-10-01 09:12

having been refused building permission in the past it seems that the developers will keep trying again and again until they are successful in spite of refusal and objection.

2016-10-01 09:27

I live adjacent to the woodland and have been privileged to witness an abundance of wildlife that changes along with the trees every season. We have construction coming at us from every point, the Blue Boar Lane works, the parcels of land along Salhouse road and we need a lung for the population and a safe retreat for the wildlife. Houses are not needed, woodland is...

2016-10-01 09:40

Shocking that these developers are even applying again when the council has ruled against it.

2016-10-01 10:51

Building houses on this woodland nature reserve would be an environmental disaster, not only for the displaced wildlife but for us local residents who want clean air to breathe, which woodland trees provide.

2016-10-01 11:19

Because it is obvious to any sane minded person, that the area concerned, not only cannot sustain any such development ( schools, sewerage etc. etc ) , but the transport situation , is already busy ,most times of the day. Do they also propose to provide new doctors surgeries, and staff them , to help the already hopeless situation, in the area? I think not . This is a recreational area. Leave it that way!!!

2016-10-01 11:45

"Socially Conscious Capital" are desperate to win-over the planning authorities. If they can't, they will have wasted a lot of time and money. If they can, they will make millions.

This whole scheme is motivated purely by greed. None of those involved even need money - the landowners are massively wealthy, with the entire Walsingham Estate including Walsingham Abbey and 3 of the surrounding villages in their possession, plus hundreds of acres of woodland in Felthorpe, Drayton and Horsford, plus huge areas of woodland and agricultural land elsewhere in Norfolk.

These people do not need more money. But like so many of the ultra-rich, they always want more. They will say whatever they think will help their cause and they are experts at seeming to be pleasant, genuine people. Do not trust them an inch.

2016-10-01 12:59

It is a mortal sin to convert established woodland into housing. There is plenty of other land away from the city to use without packing us in like sardines, stretching the resources and polluting us all the way to the hospital.

We need to spread out more into the country and have a green and integrated transport system to enable movement.

2016-10-01 13:07

To preserve an area of natural ecology . If we diminish these areas we will be left with no insects to pollinate, no other fauna and flora, no trees which ultimately will reduce our ability to grow food and breath!

2016-10-01 14:30

The woods and the wildlife must be protected.

2016-10-01 14:33

IF more houses are required, there are more suitable places to build them.

2016-10-01 15:25

We feel that any proposals to develop this area will be detrimental to wildlife and once lost there will be no going back. This wonderful green space will be gone forever. We neither want or need further housing in this area.

2016-10-01 15:26

Because we don,t want to lose any more woodland