Stop the closure of St Blazey Lloyds Bank!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop the closure of St Blazey Lloyds Bank!.

2016-11-11 06:45

I bank every week for Tywardreath Chapel, to have to go into St Austell would take me over an hour and parking fee' s just to deposit money, crazy!!!

2016-11-11 06:59

The helpfulness of the staff the convenience of the location, if this branch closes then I shall seriously look to bank elsewhere. Shame on you Lloyd, I have banked with the St Blazey branch for nearly forty years

2016-11-11 07:50

It's utter stupidity to close this branch , I use it a lot now that mount Charles has gone . To get to the bank in st austell town is awful , you can't park anywhere near it and takes a long time .( I have a high top van so can't park in white river ) it is quicker for me to drive to st blazey from st austelll than use the town bank . St blazey branch is always busy so lots of people feel the same . There are a lot of people who can't get to st austell or internet bank so this branch is a lifeline for them . I received a letter from lloyds bank with addresses of two other "branches" on them , Bodmin and Looe !!!! Yes lloyds bank just down the road from st blazey !!!!!! Bloody idiots !!!

2016-11-11 08:38

St Blazey serves such a widespread area, and is so very convenient for all the small outlying villages as well as for the large developed areas of Fowey, St Blazey and Par. The branch always has a full car park and a queue whenever I visit. And the personal touch is invaluable. Getting into St Austell to simply use the bank proves time consuming and costly. Please don't close this branch!

2016-11-11 08:43

Because this community needs this bank . How do they expect the elderly to drive into town all the time.

2016-11-11 09:31

I have used this branch for almost forty years, not only is it convenient but I have always found the staff friendly and extremely helpful and you meet the same ones each visit. I have not found this at other main branches! If you close this branch I will seriously have to consider other Banks and this will not include internet banking. I am extremely disappointed, as with many others, that you are even considering closing this busy and well established branch. Shame on you Lloyds.

2016-11-11 09:40

Just changed to this bank as it was local and use the cash point regularly all times of the day, unable to do that at Co-op or Post Office when they are shut.

2016-11-11 09:58

I like this bank as the staff are so very helpful and it benefits from free parking out the back of the bank

2016-11-11 10:03

We run a Community Association, use Lloyds Banking and it is the only bank around here that is still open

2016-11-11 10:57

Because closure of the only remaining local bank will cause untold hardship to localresidents

#61 Re: Maybe it's time to switch?

2016-11-11 11:00

#12: - Maybe it's time to switch? 

Post Office for me if Lloyds closes.

2016-11-11 11:15

Because it is very inconvenient to have to pay to park in st Austell to visit my bank. My mum who also banks at lloyds( at the moment) won't be able to walk from the car park to the bank. It's too far for older customers. Our business is in lostwithiel and the bank there is also closing. What poor customer service for locals. We have banked with lloyds for 35 years. Time to change.

2016-11-11 12:29

This is the only convenient bank left in this area. It would appear that no consideration has been given to people unable to access Lloyds new bank in St Austell.

2016-11-11 12:37

I use this Bank on a regular basis and it is always busy no matter what time of day you go there. This closure is pure madness, it would appear once again Lloyds Bank are putting profit before their service to their customers. If the closure goes ahead and I have to use the bank in St Austell, Lloyds have to remember that there are other Banks in the town who will be vying for my business.

2016-11-11 16:28

I have used this bank since moving to the area. Tha staff are friendly & extremely helpful with any advice needed. Also many of us will find it e extremely difficult to get to the main bank in St Austell. Access is very difficult for older people or mothers with small children. I appeal to the powers that be to seriously reconsider this decision.

2016-11-11 17:51

We need to save this for those people that are not able to get into the big towns. Think of your nan Lloyd bank could she make that journey

2016-11-11 19:11

We need a local bank.

2016-11-11 19:30

The loss of the last bank locally will be particularly hard for the elderly and disabled, those who don't drive or don't want to go to St Austell.I use the bank regularly like most locals.

2016-11-11 19:58

It is not always possible to travel to the main bank in St.Austell particularly if you are disabled.

2016-11-11 20:02

I have used the bank for over 60 years,its the only one in the area left,its always busy,why close it?

2016-11-11 20:11

It's the only bank in the area. Online banking is not for everybody and not always practical either.

2016-11-12 21:38

I'm disabled and not able to get to a main bank !!! I CAN NOT USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT I CAN NOT WALK FAR AND THIS BRANCH IS WITHIN DISTANCE FOR MY MOBILITY SCOOTER This is ridiculous for these BRANCHES TO
LOCAL PEOPLE TO BE CLOSED .

2016-11-12 21:56

This branch is essential for many people who are unable to drive or who are not on a frequent bus route. The decision to close this branch should be reconsidered. Apparently loyalty to and from customers carries no weight with Lloyds Head Office.

2016-11-13 11:38

I signed because I'm angry with Lloyds bank , this branch is used by so many local people including small businesses and older people who will find it exceedingly difficult or impossible to use the St Austell branch. Not everyone has the internet or wishes to use it for banking, it is the last bank of any sort in this part of Cornwall. The staff are wonderfully helpful and there is always has a queue at this branch, it is an essential community facility.

2016-11-13 12:15

Brilliant local service. Always busy. What a great shame to lose it!