NO CREMATORY IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD! WHITE MARSH, MD

NO CREMATORY IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD! WHITE MARSH, MD / Announcements / APRIL 25TH MDE MEETING POSTPONED DUE TO COUNTY COUNCIL WORK SESSION (BILL 23-25) CREMATORY BILL (PLEASE COMMENT) / Comments

2023-04-19 01:28

Thank you, Heather, for keeping us informed!! Frankly, 500ft doesn't seem far enough for airborne toxins to me... Joan Garrity

2023-04-19 03:32

I am willing to attend if necessary, and willing to attend via Zoom. I have lived the majority of my life in Baltimore County. I work at APG, and am aware of the effects of toxic pathogens. As a severe asthmatic and someone with Hyper IGE syndrome, the placement of this crematorium is a death sentence - not to be overly dramatic, but it's been the deciding factor for my family to move out of Baltimore County. And I am not alone. The housing developments along Rout 7 and Rout 40 were once facing industrial establishments, but these are now family homes. Baltimore County needs to decide if the tax base for polluting businesses outweighs the tax base for family homes and commercial businesses. While I recognize this rejection seems like a "not in my back yard" protest, it very much effects the lives and livelihoods of families and homes surrounding this establishment. Granting this crematorium will diminish the neighborhoods around this area, will rapidly decrease the tax base of an otherwise expanding community, and for my family will quite literally create a flight or fight scenario where we are forced to leave a community we have been established in since 2016.

2023-04-19 12:35

Thank you for the updated info, job well done / we appreciate the continued support for the community

2023-04-19 20:27

I support Bill 23-25! The effects of mercury are too risky for our health, adults and children alike, and for the health of the streams and rivers leading out to the bay. The crematorium would be built too close to our neighbors and streams. We do not want a crematorium in this area!
Heather Patti
The author of this petition

#5 Re:

2023-04-22 21:15

#2: -  

Great! Please check the virtual meeting link in the announcement on the day of the hearing. You have to sign up between 9 am and 3 pm if you want to speak during the work session. I am told the password for the virtual attendance will be available on the day of the work session. Sadly we only get 3 minutes each, so try to plan ahead, be concise, and practice your comments to make sure you get it all in within 3 minutes :)  Thanks so much!

Heather Patti
The author of this petition

#6 Re:

2023-04-22 21:16

#4: -  

Please try to testify Tuesday at the work session, even if virtually. If you can't do that - We need you to send an email to the county council in support of Bill 25-23

Paid advertising

We will advertise this petition to 3000 people.

Learn more...