Mike Spack for 2014 ITE VP Candidate

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Mike Spack for 2014 ITE VP Candidate.

2012-12-20 16:21

Options are always good for candidates and Mike has Ideas.

2012-12-20 19:53

Okay Mike, I will tell my friends to sign up. Good Luck, Go Mike!
David Wanty

#3 Mike's petition

2012-12-20 21:56

I support Mike's bid and hope that he will be successful. I work for an American company (HQ Colorado) MWH Global but I know that America does not have the monopoly on good ideas and Mike's efforts to make ITE more part of the global community are to be applauded. I am the current chair of the IPENZ Transportation Group so appreciate the difficulties. Int'l District 8 is Melbourne based with little happening especially here, and I've liked Mike's blog that helps reduce our isolation (and I pay for my subscription personally, not MWH).

2012-12-20 23:38

Good Luck Mike!
Mark Teague

2012-12-21 01:57

Good Luck Mike - you have been very supportive in providing good advice on helping me start my own firm down here in NC. We are supporting you at J M Teague Engineering!
Henry Strachan

2012-12-21 08:17

As a fellow Traffic Engineer I am more than happy to support Mike in his efforts. I enjoy reading his blog and his approach on issues in our profession. Al the very best Mike!!
Dave

2013-01-02 17:48

Mike is a breath of fresh air and has the energy to make ITE into an organization for the twenty first century.

2013-01-07 21:43

A deserving candidate to be included in the ballot.
Henry H. Bliss 1899

#9 Really?

2013-01-17 17:52

An online petition to change the rules to place Mike on the ballot? Why couldn't he work within the rules toward becoming a candidate like everyone else? http://www.ite.org/elected/ProspectiveVP.pdf
Perhaps he should run for I.D. from his District as a first step.
Adam Miles

#10 RE: Really?

2013-01-17 18:47

This is what happened in November which caused the petition.

http://www.mikeontraffic.com/2012/11/why-does-the-institute-of-transportation-engineers-exist-10-ideas-for-big-changes.html

By the time these events transpired, the deadline to get on the VP ballot had already passed.
Matt

#11 Yes, Really!

2013-01-17 21:42

#9: Henry H. Bliss 1899 - Really?  

Henry, then please answer why the petition process is allowed by the same set of rules you linked to if no one should ever use it?  Looks to me like he is working within the rules.

Mike has my support!!

Chris

#12 ITE election process

2013-01-17 22:18

For those that may not be aware:

"Additional nominations for president or Vice President may be made by petition signed by at least 2 percent of the members entitled to vote as of October 1st of the year proceeding the election. The petitioners shall represent at least half of the Districts with not less than ten signatures required from each and the petitioners shall not have greater than 30 percent of the signatures required from any one district."

"Each such petition shall be accompanied by the written consent of the nominee to run for the office nominated and must be received by ITE Headquarters office no later than March 1, 2013."

"Eligible voting members will be able to cast ballots by mail or e-mail starting on July 19, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. EDT."

This verbiage is taken from a letter sent out by ITE and as re-printed on page 30 of the January 2013 ITE Journal.

I believe Mike Spack is simply attempting to comply with the ITE petition process outlined above and I do not believe it is a petition to "change the rules".