Save our Teacher - Spencer

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save our Teacher - Spencer.

Get real

#26 What are we saying here?

2013-01-17 18:23

You go to your employer, tell them you are going to apply for another job, but you would like to take a leave of absence in case things don't work out so you can come back to your current job like nothing ever happened.

They tell you no, but you apply for the new job anyway to see if you have a chance to get it. The other job says its between you and another guy so you ask your employer if they would reconsider the leave of absence.

You get a call that you got the job and after that your current employer says you cannot have the leave of absence and have to make a decision on where you want to work. You decide to take the new job. Then you ask all of your friends to pressure your current employer to change their minds.

What should your employer do?

Try this at your job and see what happens.

Arguing with idiots

#27 Re: What are we saying here?

2013-01-17 22:02

#26: Get real - What are we saying here?

This is not a "new" Job.  Read the constitution - they designed it to have Citizen Legislators!!!  A citizen who takes a leave from their job, to SERVE the people!!  And YES, companies like Boening DO ALLOW THIS FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES.  Try that on for size!!!

Not a Paul supporter

#28 Re: Re:

2013-01-17 22:06

#19: defendfreedom - Re:

If you only had a clue!!  He won because he is honest and straighforward - he doesn't decieve people like the editors of that video you refer to did.  He wants to follow the constitution and be a citizen Legislator - you folks all claim to live by the constitution and have it memorized - so read up  - you might learn something!!!

Friend of the Community

#29 I saw Bryan Spencer kick a man out of County Caucus for taking a picture

2013-01-17 22:45

My first experience meeting with Bryan Spencer was in the high school bleachers during the county caucus. He was very adamant about removing a man from the bleachers for taking a picture. He called the police over and the police walked the man out while the wife pleaded and cried to him saying, "we didn't know the rule..?? Why are you doing this? He won't take a picture" And they kicked the man out of the event.

I saw this.

Bryan's ferocity with which he wanted to hide cameras from the caucus was very troubling.  He came off as mean spirited and tyrannical.  Based on first impressions, I would not want him around my kids.

Spencer

#30 Re: Re: BEST TEACHER AND MENTOR BY FAR

2013-01-17 23:04

#20: fair is fair - Re: BEST TEACHER AND MENTOR BY FAR

Any intelligent person would recognize that the Video is edited, a lot.  I am not ashame of anything that I have done or said about the caucus.  My job was to organize the caucus.  I did that, and I did it well.   I can't control other people behavior.  I understand that you are bitter because your candidate didn't win and you have to blame someone other than yourself.

Spencer

#31 Re: Re: Marcos Chu

2013-01-17 23:09

#23: No to Spencer - Re: Marcos Chu

Where do you get this information...???  I have never done anything just for the money.  I do things because I believe that I can make a difference.   If you are worried about the lobbyist...please check the MEC.  You are obviously clueless.

Spencer

#32 Stand up and be counted

2013-01-17 23:14

I appreciate many of the comments. However some are cowards. I sign my statements while others hide behind a cover name.
Former FHN student

#33 I can not sign this petition.

2013-01-17 23:38

I went to FHN and I have heard many good things about Mr. Spencer. That said, I can not sign this petition because I am extremely disappointed in how Bryan Spencer handled the county republican caucus last spring. If anyone is interested, there are many YouTube videos of footage captured that day that clearly show his inability to follow Robert's Rules of Order and willingness to use police force when St. Charles county voters tried to correct him. I wonder how much taxpayer money could have been saved that day if he would have followed the rules. Maybe Mr. Spencer should stick to teaching, I hear he is good at it.
Cheryl - I won't hide like a coward!

#34 Re: Re:

2013-01-18 07:56

#24: No to Spencer - Re:

I beg to differ but the only thing that was wrong with the caucus was the largest temper tantrum I have seen in the face of history.  We followed all rules - set by the state.  Had you folks all sat down and followed the rules - you could have eventually changed the rules - but you were set to end this and end it you did!  I am not ashamed of what I did - I did nothing wrong = we planned a caucus - the largest in the history of St. Charles - and we did the best we could do.  Could there have been improvements - absolutely (microphones would be the key here)- but it would have helped if we had grown ups that showed up - not just children.  I can honestly say that the caucus was the first time that I was so scared that my life may have been danger - people were behaving scary!  I was so happy when the police called for backup!  And the harassment several of us received afterwards - drive bys, phone calls, etc - HOW CLASSY???  You hide behind a phony name - what a coward! We all know you are just a libertarian who didn't get your way - grow up!