Save our Teacher - Spencer

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save our Teacher - Spencer.

Mr. Bryan Spencer

#1 Save our teacher!

2013-01-08 06:31

Mr Spencer has served our cmmunity with 20+ years of teaching, mentoring, case managing and servesv in the disciplinary class room. Now moving up to State Representive, remaining committed to servicing our community in a larger fashion. Having a pathway to change policy for areas of our education or areas that are negatively impacted by budget cuts. Allow him leave without pay.
W.GAITHER

#2 BEST TEACHER AND MENTOR BY FAR

2013-01-08 11:39

MY SON WAS A STUDENT AT FRANCIS HOWELL NORTH AND HAD MR. SPENCER AS A TEACHER. I HAVE NEVER BEFORE SEEN A TEACHER SO DEDICATED TO HIS STUDENTS AND THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS. HE MADE A VERY STRONG AND UNFORGETTABLE IMPACT AND DIFFERENCE IN MY SON'S EDUCATION AND LIFE. THERE SHOULD BE MORE LIKE HIM. HE IS TRYING ONCE AGAIN MAKE A DIFFERENCE ONLY ON A LARGER SCALE AND IF ANYONE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IT IS BRYAN SPENCER.HE IS ONLY TRYING TO MAKE CHANGES WHERE CHANGE IS DUE. I STRONGLY FEEL HE SHOULD BE GRANTED THE LEAVE OF ABSENCE.
Patriot Bob

#3 Stop tyranny

2013-01-08 13:25

Don't let the union thugs who run the schools get away with this. Those Marxists want to control the minds if kids & Mr Spencer is a threat to their anti-American agenda.

2013-01-08 17:32

I WAS A STUDENT AT FRANCIS HOWELL NORTH AND HAD MR. SPENCER AS A COACH. AS A FORMER STUDENT AND ATHLETE, I BELIEVE THAT COACH SPENCER SHOULD BE GRANTED HIS LEAVE OF ABSENCE. HE WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR HIS STUDENTS AND ATHLETES AS I BELIEVE HE HAS CONTINUED SINCE MY GRADUATION.

#5 Former student/ current teacher

2013-01-08 18:42

Mr.Spencer is a great teacher and valuable asset to the Francis Howell school district. Its a shame to see the district treat him this way when he has done so much for the school district and its students.

2013-01-08 18:50

Let Bryan Spencer have his unpaid leave to serve in the MO Legislature. His students will be the winners when he returns to the classroom!
Cheryl Bates

2013-01-09 01:15

Giving him unpaid leave is a win win for everyone. The district is out nothing, the district has a friend in Jefferson City, and the students get a teacher with real life experience in legislature when he returns to the classroom!! Not allowing him the leave will cost the taxpayers thousands of dollars and will leave a very bad taste in their mouth for the board members - two of which are up for re-election in April - Cynthia Bice and Amy McEvoy!
Dr. Eugene Dokes

2013-01-09 02:45

I am standing behind Mr. Bryan Spencer. He is an outstanding teacher.... The students need him and his experience.
Patriot

#9 Save our Teacher-SPENCER

2013-01-09 03:14

I am a school board member in another district. I contacted my district & asked what our position would have been and the response to Bryan Spencer's request would NEVER have been denied! Leaving for "political reasons" is in our BOARD POLICY. I'm afraid that the Francis Howell School Board will be in for a lawsuite that will cost the taxpayers as well as breed ill will in the district. I would strongly suggest that the board recind their decision and quickly. As I also understand that it is the ''UNION" people in the district that are pushing for this unfair decision. As Bryan Spencer IS A UNION MEMBER, I'm curious as to why the UNION would NOT stand behind one of their members??....doesn't paying their UNION DUES give a member some loyalty from the folks taking their hard earned dollars! If this is they way the "Union" treats their members, why would anyone want to be a member? Doesn't surprise me that union membership is declining and here's an excellent example of why.
ggreene

2013-01-09 16:39

I am a former school teacher and when at Eastern Ill. University we were taught, we are "professionals" and do not join Unions. A good teacher does not belong in a Union. I would like to see our govenment get rid of NEA, completely. Washington does not belong in our schools.
Donna Snowbarger

2013-01-10 02:11

The school board has made a poor decision and they should vote to change this while Mr. Spencer represents the people of MO.
Hannibal

#12 Re: Save our Teacher-SPENCER

2013-01-10 04:41

#9: Patriot - Save our Teacher-SPENCER

You understand incorrectly as the association has helped Brian in his initial and subsequent request to be granted leave.

Hannibal

#13 Re:

2013-01-10 04:43

#10: ggreene -

No one taught you that. If they did they were teaching you a polictical point of view. That's not a school's job. The fight is with the board. Keep your eye on the prize.

Hannibal

#14 Re: Stop tyranny

2013-01-10 04:44

#3: Patriot Bob - Stop tyranny

It's not a union and the association has been helping Brian. It's the board. Keep your eye on the prize.

Craigers84

#15 Great teacher and mentor.

2013-01-10 14:00

He was my teacher for a number of years, and unlike many at Francis Howell North Mr. Bryan Spencer actually cared a great deal for his students, both at and away from school. He is a man with a great deal of integrity, one whom I call a friend to this day. Those that head the Francis Howell school district would be so lucky to retain him. Shame on them for this even being an issue.
Carrie

#16 Re: Re: Stop tyranny

2013-01-10 18:04

#14: Hannibal - Re: Stop tyranny

I'm glad someone pointed that out. In this instance the MNEA or MSTA is DEFENDING his right to keep his job.

Annie

2013-01-14 13:49

the board shd be ashamed of themselves for not standing up for this fine educator.

Maybe the board shd be fired for their slanted views and not going by the "rules" of the board!

#18 Marcos Chu

2013-01-17 05:30

Districts should have a policy in place if they are going to grant special requests such as sabbatical. Having school board members make a judgement on the suitability of someone's request is a very dangerous place to be.....specially since the school board is a volunteer opportunity and I think it is an unrealistic expectations that we can do the due-dillegence to make sure that all sabbatical decisions are fair without some kind of guidance from district policy. If they granted sabbatical before they should grant to Mr. Spencer, specially since it is unpaid.

defendfreedom

#19 Re:

2013-01-17 17:02

#8: Dr. Eugene Dokes -

Why would you not stand behind your partner in crime? For those of you that don’t know what I’m
talking about, please search on you tube Bryan Spencer and Eugene Dokes. You will find a stock pile of crimes against the citizens from these two criminals. Spencer ran for an office and won. Now he wants to stay on staff? This is what’s
wrong with politics today. Man up accept your position and don’t put the tax payers on the hook for your choices. Bryan Spencer does not deserve a cent for his treasonous crimes against the St. Charles county voters. Go look it up!

fair is fair

#20 Re: BEST TEACHER AND MENTOR BY FAR

2013-01-17 17:20

#2: W.GAITHER - BEST TEACHER AND MENTOR BY FAR

Maybe Mr. Spencer’s best role to serve the public is to remain a teacher? He has shown he has no place in politics. He is a tyrant and will not fairly represent the voters. He admitted on video rigging the St. Charles County Caucus. He may be a great teacher, but a fair Politian he is NOT!

Politics are not his bag baby!

#21 Re: Great teacher and mentor.

2013-01-17 17:21

#15: Craigers84 - Great teacher and mentor.

Maybe Mr. Spencer’s best role to serve the public is to remain a teacher? He has shown he has no place in politics. He is a tyrant and will not fairly represent the voters. He admitted on video rigging the St. Charles County Caucus. He may be a great teacher, but a fair Politian he is NOT!

Really?

#22 Re: Former student/ current teacher

2013-01-17 17:22

#5: - Former student/ current teacher

Maybe Mr. Spencer’s best role to serve the public is to remain a teacher? He has shown he has no place in politics. He is a tyrant and will not fairly represent the voters. He admitted on video rigging the St. Charles County Caucus. He may be a great teacher, but a fair Politian he is NOT!

No to Spencer

#23 Re: Marcos Chu

2013-01-17 18:03

He was denied BEFORE he ran and he ran anyway. If he had lost he would still have his job. He was hedging his bets. He gave up an almost $70,000/year job for one that pays half of that. When he was asked about the loss of income he repiled that's what lobbyists are for.

No to Spencer

#24 Re:

2013-01-17 18:06

#7: Cheryl Bates -

And you were in on planning what happened at the caucus Cheryl. Of course you are supporting your partner in crime. Corrupt birds flock together.

Whatever

#25 Interesting...

2013-01-17 18:12

Isn't it interesting that almost all of the signers are not in the school district in question. Why should the school board give any credit to a petition that has people from other parts f the state as well as signers from out of the state? That does not show the will of those in the district they represent.