Save our Teacher - Spencer

Quoted post

Patriot

#9 Save our Teacher-SPENCER

2013-01-09 03:14

I am a school board member in another district. I contacted my district & asked what our position would have been and the response to Bryan Spencer's request would NEVER have been denied! Leaving for "political reasons" is in our BOARD POLICY. I'm afraid that the Francis Howell School Board will be in for a lawsuite that will cost the taxpayers as well as breed ill will in the district. I would strongly suggest that the board recind their decision and quickly. As I also understand that it is the ''UNION" people in the district that are pushing for this unfair decision. As Bryan Spencer IS A UNION MEMBER, I'm curious as to why the UNION would NOT stand behind one of their members??....doesn't paying their UNION DUES give a member some loyalty from the folks taking their hard earned dollars! If this is they way the "Union" treats their members, why would anyone want to be a member? Doesn't surprise me that union membership is declining and here's an excellent example of why.

Replies

Hannibal

#12 Re: Save our Teacher-SPENCER

2013-01-10 04:41:41

#9: Patriot - Save our Teacher-SPENCER

You understand incorrectly as the association has helped Brian in his initial and subsequent request to be granted leave.