STOP Multipurpose Community Facility in Kingsway, Dee Why

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP Multipurpose Community Facility in Kingsway, Dee Why.

2013-04-24 08:15

This proposed facility is totally inapropriate for this site in a residential area. Increased noise, traffic, light and people as well as the removal of trees and the proposed height, will make the Street I live in, Kingsway unbearable to live in and a eyesore.

2013-05-01 22:31

I have lived in the Dee Why area the majority of my life together with my two sons and families and this is definitely not the way to go. There is already too much development in the Kingsway. I used to live in the Kingsway nearly 40 years ago and to look at it now its just cheek on jowl development.

#3 Proposed Development in the Kingsway

2013-05-03 00:40

I live in Fisher Road opposite the proposed development. Already this area is exremely busy/noisy and the thought of having trucks, noise etc then more cars ,noise etc after the building is finished is totally unacceptable in a RESIDENTIAL area. Concrete jungle is alive and well in Dee Why.The trees on the site will not be transferred as promised.
Then we have a proposed development on the Salvation Army site so it looks like 3-4 years of building and disruption. Put the development elsewhere!!!

2013-05-05 23:32

Key issues with the multipurpose facility:
(a) the location for the facility is totally inappropriate due to practicality (traffic/congestion/overpopulated area already), accessibility and sustainability (the are is a nature habitat, home to endangered specied such as ring tail and brush tail possums, kookaburras, cockatoos and hundreds of other birds
(b)the community has NOT been consulted - the Council relies on the information being available on their webpage, however more than 2/3 has no access to technology. Not a single letterdrop was done to anyone in Dee Why where there is a majority of elder generation
(c) community concerns were raised by some local residents in August 2012, when they encountered a small picture in the Manly Daily advising "by the by" what may happen - the council never properly reacted to those, neither did the Premier of NSW.

Not a single person in the area is for this proposal - everyone agrees to a PCYC, however everyone disagrees with the location.
In addition, it seems the PCYC is simply an excuse to cover up a large carpark (as the PCYC part would be a small part of the overall complex only).

2013-05-09 05:21

i live at the top of westminster...the council seem to have conveniantley left out the obvious problems with the local parking and traffic...westminster is tight enough and gaining this carpark/ pycc i belive could mean the loss of parking outside my place...and i don't want to see it go. id love to see dee why tidy up but this seem rediculess...why do we need to increase the northen beaches population anyway. it seems busy enough for me..out with politicions their just in it for their our ego's!!

2013-05-09 09:33

A PCYC is a good idea but not on top of a council car park and not in this residential area. Traffic congestion is at saturation point in Dee Why already because of bad planning and overdevelopment and there is already more approved.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2013-05-13 10:06

J

#8 Re-locate?

2013-07-27 13:04

Why not re-locate the PCYC to the old 'Courts Sports' on Campbell Ave? Its still in Dee Why and at the end of Dee Why Oval(s)? On-top of which, is situated close to two high schools (Pittwater House and Cromer Campus) as well as the Cromer ovals...and only down the road from the proposed location. Not to mention Courts Sports is abandoned these days and only a eye sore with graffiti. It seems logical to move it there, rather then remove a council car park, flood a residential dominant area and allow further development at Court Sports for something beneficial to the community, not a developer of more residential towers.
Jason M

#9 Move it

2014-05-22 15:12

I think this PCYC should be built BUT not at this site!

It should be built where the Courts Sports center was on Campbell Pde as its a great size and will liven up that area - it will also make better use of the Dee Why ovals directly opposite it!

Also it is between both of Dee Why's two primary schools and the two high schools, therefore students will actually be able to make better use of it!

Lastly, the surroundings properties at the Campbell Pde site are houses/some townhouses and had built next door to the previous sporting facility which included open aired tennis courts. On the other side of this site is the Time and Tide Hotel, which would significantly benefit from the hundreds of people who will be visiting the PCYC.

Jason M

#10 Re: Re-locate?

2014-05-22 15:21

#8: J - Re-locate?

I just commented on this petition and then read through the others - I literally wrote the same thing and agree with you! I cannot comprehend why the council is trying this on for size!

Council intend to make the car park on Mooramba Road a multi storey carpark for long stay parking (for city workers). Wouldnt it make more sense to make this car park a multi storey carpark instead since it is much closer, and then people can park there to visit council too! Cover the ugly concrete with a vertical garden so the surrounding apartments have something pretty to look at (and it will only be approximately 3-4 storeys as opposed to the 7 storey height of this PCYC!