Renew Chief Rivera's Contract

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Renew Chief Rivera's Contract.

2013-07-16 19:18

Beyond all the exceptional efforts listed in this petition, Cheif Rivera has also been a role model and a safety advocate for our Granville children by:
1.) having a presence at our school throughout the year,
2.) attaining the grant a few years back for the 2 safety lights in the street that flash during the beginning & end of each school day
3.) Protecting our children during the few annual "walk-to-school" days they participated in
4.) protecting our children during our annual Halloween Parade
and so much more...
Over the past 7 years it has been great to see someone take an interest and have a passion to improve & enhance our beautiful town, it would be a horrible shame to lose Chief Rivera.

2013-07-16 20:50

Lets NOT go backwards, Renew the chiefs contract

2013-07-17 01:03

the chief should be on call 24hrs for 911 calls for better response instead of waiting for a state policeman and he can have time off during the week to compensate.

#4 Re:

2013-07-22 00:15

#3: -

abcdef

If he did that when would he sleep? If he is going to these calls and not doing the administrative work (court, vehicle maintenance, payroll, etc.) then who will? And before you say someone else in the department; where would the money come from to pay them? 911 calls are not always important.  It’s just whenever someone calls 911, which any policeman or dispatch can tell you can be for any reason.  Also from what I've seen in his contract he is only required to work his scheduled shift and that’s it. If the Board of Selectman wanted him to respond to all 911 calls then they should have put it in his contract. As for the numbers, his response (and the rest of the department) are well above surrounding, part time departments. The numbers used to get that info are from the Northampton Control Dispatch logs and are public information. So please before you go off about what the Chief or the department is or isn’t doing check your facts.

JBMCCPiG

#5 Backward morons

2013-07-22 23:09

Chiefs should not be front line response officers. This is not Sparta Mississippi of the 70s anymore. They hired
A true professional and not some hick from town to bring their department to the 21st century. They should hire 4-5 full time officers
On top of the chief to keep the community safe.
LT1Damon

2013-07-24 00:18

We just moved to Granville not long ago. This is a very comfortable place to live but it won't be for long if we do not have Law & Order with a visible presence. I don't support generating revenue from traffic control for the sake of it...........but with what I see in this town on a DAILY basis is dangerous and one day someone will be seriously injured........it's a known fact we have limited law enforcement and I see many people taking advantage of that fact.
For a small town we have a very professional SMALL police dept. I agree with my fellow citizen who said we need Chief Rivera and 4 full time officers.....Town officials need to think about the community and not some limited agenda........Why are you trying to relieve the Chief??