SMC Cares?

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SMC Cares?.

2013-09-12 20:57

This is completely ridiculous, a lot of people rely on the service and it's things like the counselling service that get some people through college. I bet they care when their grades drop because pupils aren't being supported enough.
V

#2 V

2013-09-12 21:14

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof.”

2013-09-12 22:00

Last year the counseling servis made a difference to my mental state and I might not have been able to have coped with collage with out it... its rediculess expecting all students to be able to cope with out any help.

2013-09-12 22:34

They even spent £60,000 on a new library that now looks like a nursery classroom.
And made a lot of redundncies before the 2012/13 school year, but they can afford a new logo and the work in rebranding everything.
DJM

#5 Indebted to the counselling service.

2013-09-13 09:24

I am indebted to the counselling service at St Mary's College. Without which, I am not sure if I would be here. It gave me the courage to accept I had a problem and go to the doctors to be diagnosed as bipolar. I would not have been able to make this step without the counselling service. Although I am no longer a student at the college, I feel that without the service there will be students who are like me without the support. That is a deeply disturbing thought.

2013-09-13 16:01

People need to sign this

2013-09-13 21:51

Completely agreed, the staff are horrible, impolite and lazy too.

2013-09-14 09:42

Happy to sign this, especially after having needed the services in the past i'm horrified to see them go.

2014-07-01 13:03

I don't attend St Mary's college however I attend a local college in which I've used their counselling services many of times, I know many others who also have used it and needed to in desperate and unfortunate life situations.

It should be a minimal requirement.