Gloucester off leash beach petition supporters!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Gloucester off leash beach petition supporters!.

2013-11-01 14:58

Dogs love to romp on the beach with other dogs. If responsible owners accompany their dogs and ensure that they are under control, Gloucester offers yet another opportunity for its residents -- canine and human -- to enjoy its great outdoors.

#27 Get a life, not a dog!

2013-11-01 16:04

#25: - Re:

Many times I have watched a "dog owner" tell someone that "the dog is friendly"! If my child bowled over another child would I say, "oh not my child, he/she's friendly"! Try being a delivery person, see how friendly they are now! Keep our beautiful beaches DOG FREE! Keep Stage Fort Park, DOG FREE! You are correct, it isn't the dumb animal runnig free, ity is the dumb animal that is supposed to be in control! Wake up!

Brieana

2013-11-01 16:04

As much as I love my dog and enjoy him running free it is always a risk taken to bring my kids along with me to the beach off season to let our dog run....a risk for my dogs safety and my children's.....like I said I love my dog but I am also a nurse and I know the danger any dog at any given time could cause so I'm kind of in the middle on this one.......you can't have control of a dog off a leash its not possible......as much as you want to think.... hears what I think could solve both issues... we Gloucester designate a beach or two for the dogs to run free during the beach off season??? I think that would be great!! I think that taking away the dogs right to run is wrong and having every beach swarming with dogs off leashes is wrong.....some children are petrified of dogs so that's not far to them ....I think we should designate a few beaches!!

#29 owned

2013-11-07 19:32

Please remember that DOGs are not children...you own a DOG, you don't own a child! Wake up and realize that there is something missing in your lives that you are trying to fill with your DOG!