Local Postal Services

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Local Postal Services.

2013-11-28 22:56

We want Fran back. Absurd he was moved- please reverse this decision.

2013-11-29 12:07

Yes, it would be good to have our postman Fran Gorman back but only if he is agreeable as he may wish to change himself.

2013-11-29 12:08

Having a centrally located collection point was a real bonus to customers of An Post and should not be casually abandoned

2013-11-29 18:17

I live in Dublin 7 and do not own a car. No one in my household owns a car. Many people in my area do not own cars. This is a good thing for the environment. Living in a city location should mean you don't need a car. How am I and my neighbours going to pick up our parcels and undelivered mail? This means no parcel delivery service for us.

#5 Bannow Rd

2013-12-10 19:48

moving the parcel collection point from Phibsborough post office to Bannow Rd is too far.
Post should be a local service, but Bannow road is too far for lots of the people that are local to Phibsborough. We are grangegorman and bannow road is at least 30minutes walk from here, this is no longer a decent parcel service.
Ormond

#6 Re: Bannow Rd

2014-01-09 15:04

#5: - Bannow Rd

I live in Ormond Square, which is about a ONE HOUR walk from this office. This decision is crazy.

#7 Unbelievable!

2014-01-20 19:36

In addition to the many disdvantages quoted in the petition, they don't even facilitate the move of the item/parcel to another office in Dublin. I live very close to where the delivery office was before but I work in the city centre. Fot me would more handy to collect the item in D2 for example than go to to Bannow Road, which I believe being quite a dangerous place to go in the late afternoon for a girl...and who knows if you eill make it on time!

2014-01-29 22:13

Bannow road?? This is ridiculous!!! Why not somewhere behind M50?
Not to mention that Local Post Office cheats people! They leave green notices at the door stating "Sorry we missed you" as if we werent at home at that moment. That is complete lie!! Local Post offices even don't try to deliver your parcel, they just send a postman with this green notices, and make us spend our time to pick parcels on our own.
Cheaters!!

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-02-02 01:02

Crensh

#10 Re: Bannow Rd

2014-02-02 01:03

#5: - Bannow Rd

This is way to far I collect parcels often and before it was a short walk for me now I need to take a bus every time.

2015-03-05 18:23

Takes a lot of time to collect parcels. Living in Smithfield area.
May Anderson

#12 Re:

2022-03-28 06:48

I don't have many friends who live in the suburbs, but they haven't complained about mail problems yet. We usually prefer online communication. Here you can see more detail here. I was looking for a man for a serious relationship near my house and he always sent me a bouquet of roses on Tuesdays. The delivery worked perfectly and these flowers made a good impression on me. We already meet in real life now)