dailymail.co.uk/floodpetition

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition dailymail.co.uk/floodpetition.

2014-02-12 07:17

It is outrageous that we spend 11 billion on foreign aid when we have needs here. Not only for these poor people who are in dire straits now because of the floods, but there are plenty of our own people who have urgent needs,not to mention our hospitals schools etc. Charity begins at Home!!!!!!!!

2014-02-12 07:21

A truly British Government would not wait around for any petition to force it to start considering doing the Right Thing. Cameron ! Your a waste of space.

2014-02-12 07:38

Fed up with this government giving away hard earned British taxpayers money.If i want to give to charity it is my decision not David Camerons. Taxpayers money should go to helping UK projects not those abroard, and until this goverment changes its stance on foriegn aid i will no longer vote Conservative.

2014-02-12 07:42

We are quick to send aid to other countries now our population need aid asap

2014-02-12 07:55

This should have been thought of weeks ago when it was obvious things were not getting done to assist families in this terrible situation. In this instance, "CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME"

2014-02-12 07:59

Whatever suffering is going on in England it is nothing compared with the life long suffering in other nations. I accept that aid can end up in the hands of despots and not where it is needed.
The petition says some of the £11 billion overseas aid budget should be diverted and therefore I have signed this peptition.

2014-02-12 08:08

What took the big wigs so long? Stop sending our money a broad and spend it on the BRITISH people

2014-02-12 08:18

Charity begins at home. Lets think about this country first before we start throwing money at
useless foreign projects.

2014-02-12 08:32

Maybe all the overseas aid should be given to British for a change!
after all it is a disaster, the same as any other and comes from the taxes we all have to pay.

2014-02-12 08:36

Its now time to look after our own people,when things happen in other countries we are called on to help,have we had any help from anyone apart from the the people from holland please help them now.

2014-02-12 08:38

If Cameron enjoys licking foreigners backsides
He can pack a bag and move to one of the foreign toilets he sends taxpayer's money too?

2014-02-12 08:43

Money from overseas aid should be diverted for any emergency cases, i.e. floods etc. No objection to some overseas aid.....BUT only when our country has the best local hospitals, local schools, social housing and more industry etc to provide jobs and cease benefits for immigrants unless they have worked here for at least 3 years. Politicians do not live in the real world, only interested in their own political gain. If we are such a wealthy country, as they keep telling us, why do we see so much poverty and misery around. Charity should begin at home.

2014-02-12 08:54

Exellent idea.also smack a 1percent tax on the total 2013 turn over for the city of london and the banks!!Shame the bankers and their kind in finance to donate 25 or 50 petcent if their bonuses to the cayse as well.

2014-02-12 08:56

I totally support your petition and would urge the Government to give priority to our own people who are suffering so greatly with the awful flooding that has hit our country. Let's for once put ourselves First!

2014-02-12 08:57

The Environment agency is our lifeblood and it should be properly funded to allow vital dredging work to be completed. Being boat owners on the Thames, we know how much money the Government has taken back from their budget. Whatever money is required to assist these poor homeowners should be made available and then preventative work be carried out, with equal priority.

2014-02-12 08:59

Pleased to sign. Hope this all proves to be worthwhile.

2014-02-12 09:08

It Is now that we must devote all possible FINANCIAL AID to those In desperate need, NOT sending it abroad.

2014-02-12 09:11

Are we getting any "aid" money from Russia, China, America ,etc, etc to help us in our hour of need. If not, then stop our "aid" money to other countries ( or at the very least spend our overseas aid money on our flood problems first )

2014-02-12 09:13

When are the Government going to govern instead of bickering amongst themselves.

2014-02-12 09:16

spend overseas money at home on flood areas instead of giving it away to despots

2014-02-12 09:17

Poor souls have waited to long for help, the government should be ashamed. The story would be different if it was their houses that were flooded.

2014-02-12 09:18

Foreign aid should be spent on flood victims in this country.We send far too much money abroad when there are more people in this country who need help,(elderly,disabled,homeless.

2014-02-12 09:19

charity begins at home when all of our people are well looked after then if there is any money left then and only then give to other countries for there rocket programs.

2014-02-12 09:20

whilst i agree that we must help poorer countries than ours i do object to my money going to other countries that do not use the aid for the reason it is given and would much rather it was spent in this country to help our own people . as most people must agree we need to support our own people now with flood problems and beyond.