STAND YOUR GROUND MUST GO!!!!!!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STAND YOUR GROUND MUST GO!!!!!!!.

2014-02-17 22:23

Please sign this petition
Heisenberg

#2 Why

2014-02-25 01:39

If we can't protect ourselves, do you think the cops will? We can't rely on the police to protect us, they are controlled, much like the government, by corporations and lobbyists
Citizen Me

#3 Re: Why

2014-02-25 18:00

#2: Heisenberg - Why

Here is why this law should not exist. Self defense and the right to bare arms is our fundamental right, which is neccesary. The self defense laws are put into place to make sure that a person can protect themselves but at the same time not take the law into thier own hand. The diffrence between self defence and stand your ground is self defence allow someone to use deadly force if someone is attacking you and the result of that attack could be deadly and you are not able to get away from the person who is or is about to cause you harm. Stand your ground does not give that destinction. So example in with the self-defense law lets say you get into a argument with someone and it gets heated you are very upset and you are letting this person have it with words but you have not attacked this person or do you really have the intention to do so, but this person feels threaten because maybe you are bigger then him or the person does not like what you are saying to him, in the middle of the agrument he pulls out a gun and kills you. This person could not say he killed you out of self-defense because his life was not in jeaopardy and he could have avoided killing you by leaving and not arguing with you. Now lets take the same senerio and add the Stand your ground law. This person pulls out a gun and kills you, even with withnesses his defense will be that you made him feel threaten and this is the reason he shot you. If he has any witnesses who will agree that your behavior was threating this person will get away with killing you. So my point is that with this law situations will arise that are not cause for the taking of a human life and with this law you will have people taking the law in thier own hand or simply plotting to kill someone with knowing they could possible get off because of this stand your ground law. This law simply gives people the license to kill people. This law in time will be reversed once more and more people succed in getting off murder charges because of this law. So lets not wait until that happens lets get it changed before someone I know is killed for no reason or someone you know is killed for no reason or i am killed for no reason or you are killed for no reason. Thats Why!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen Me

#4 Who does Stand your Ground protect?

2014-02-26 23:13

"A study by Texas A&M economics professors observed that the adoption of stand-your-ground laws correlated with a statistically significant increase in the raw homicide rate. Little to no relationship was seen between adoption of the law and a deterrence of crime. The authors of the study were unable to determine what percentage of the increase was justifiable homicide, due to the reporting of homicide to the FBI often lacking notation whether the homicide was justifiable or not". Laws are put into place to protect citizens, not put them in harms way.

2014-02-28 16:14

SOME OF THOSE PPL IN FLORIDA ARE NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD SO REALLY THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE AWAY WITH