D118keepcurrentstandardofdress

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition D118keepcurrentstandardofdress.

2014-03-03 18:31

I don't think kids wearing uniforms going to stop bullying at all what happened to are rights is the schools going to provide them? No I think they need to focus on other things like the kids getting bullied uniforms ain't going to stop it an if the kids are made to wear them teacher's an the principal should have to be forced to wear them an until they do my kids won't either

2014-03-03 18:57

I believe that the information issue is not going to save any kids from an further attempts of bullying from other students an will not keep kids from knowing where ones family is placed in a the poor too rich scale! Facility you also need to become more aware that it was your responsibility too teach kidsof all ages to understand color or creed is not a factor in which mmakes a person's greatness its the mind so in saying that your approach to teaching these things to our future generations does not have nothing to do with clothing it's everything with technique an style of the teachers an faculty themselves!! My opinion is that ur staff is weak an is not well mannered an open minded. So before your try an tell everyone your great an wonderful solution to your ignorance in getting our kids to understand life an so on work on your own! Bottom line clothes will not stop the fact of kids know owing where their bus picks them up at or the fact kids do grow up an will have to face a world that has no dress code an will be pushed even harder into ignorance of the streets themselves! Start hiring faculty that know how to get children to understand that it's about what u have in the mind not what u have in possesin. An best way to do that is with the problem all around you not sugar coated by clothing!! Use the so called skills you say you have an please entertain us with a more creative an more thought out way to approach this than a Beverly Hills this is easy approach!!!

2014-03-03 19:20

Teachers and support staff dont wear ' uniforms'; lead by example

2014-03-03 20:34

I have to agree with my child there might be a law that says she has to go to school. But there is no such law that says they have to wear uniforms to school.

2014-03-10 02:30

It is not the teachers responsibility to teach your children life morality, that is the parents job. I also think the 90 10 statics with only 10 percent being "bad" and 90 percent being "good" is completely 180. More like 90 percent "bad" and 10 percent "good". And before you bash the teachers on their teaching abilities I think you need to learn a little grammar and spelling. Oh wait if 118 is so bad on education you must have attended there as well, because your spelling and grammar isn't so great either.

2014-03-10 02:38

Uniforms probably are not going to cost as much as that one fubu shirt or any other name brand clothing these kids wear to school. Just suck it up, it's going to happen whether you people like it or not. And if the district adopts this policy all the kids that get free lunch will get the uniforms free as well.

2014-04-10 12:03

i say no-- i have 4 children in dist 118 and i can barely afford the clothes on their backs now let alone extra "special" clothes that they will only be wearing to school... it doesnt matter if a child wears an uniform or regular clothes the education they receive should remain the same and the kids who are bullied will continue to be bullied and the kids that bully kids will still bully kids.. there are other ways to bully kids than just uniforms-- next kids will make fun of hair etc. i do believe in dress code and appropriate attire to school... and why should the kids and their parents who follow the dress code be punished for those who dont by making uniforms a must!! for those who cannot wear clothes appropriately should be sent home and if they get sent home everyday then their future is at risk and thats their parents fault for not being a better parents and most kids who wear the inappropriate clothes are old enough to know better anyhow and the importance of education or at least should know how important it is to get your education by that age!! the handbook of education should be enforced!! this uniform idea is not a good one!!