Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu).

2014-03-27 20:23

Fire die sleg goed wat nie wil werk nie!!!!

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-03-27 20:24

2014-03-27 21:14

The strike is get out of control it's been going on for too long now...people is suffering of this, they have no money to survive!!! So many mine workers want to go back to work but they can't "BECAUSE of AMCU" they really don't care about the people if they have food to eat, or money to pay their debts as long as Amcu think they gonna make a point to get what they want...they must think again...AMCU is gonna be the reason for so many people who's gonna lose their jobs! Things must come to an END very soon! Leave the people in peace if they want to return to work who do AMCU thinks they are to rule everyone? So STUPID of them they can't think!!!

2014-03-28 04:12

We are suffering,geting no salary. We want to work. Amcu, get it over with,we know its not about the money

2014-03-28 04:13

Its time for this strike to end People must go back to work al is suviring with this strike. Think of off you're famimlies

2014-03-28 04:54

They do not know what they did to our country

2014-03-28 04:57

Ons land is in die grond oor mense wat nie kan dink nie, onbevoeg en ongeskool om die werklikheid te begryp en verstaan. Die mense het nie werk nie maar strike wil hulle strike.

2014-03-28 05:31

Please let's this strikes end we're a lot of people suffering!!!!

2014-03-28 05:33

I do pray that GOD steps in and that rhis strike ends. May GOD be with all those who are in distress because of this strike

2014-03-28 06:14

end this strike NOW. before its to late. go back to work and save your JOB

2014-03-28 06:28

Must stop sick and tired for all of this

#12 ENOUGH

2014-03-28 06:44

Do they first want to see more businesses close and more people without work before they are going to stop. This is not just about the mines anymore. All businesses are struggling and I have had enough. I will not let my family struggle because they are asking for something impossible. STOP THE DESTRUCTION OF RUSTENBURG!!
Non striker

2014-03-28 06:46

Is this in any way going to help to end the strike? No I dont think so, we are waisting our time. Rather put your trust in God than on paper because this is only going to lead to bad mouthing. You can tamper or remove my comment but this is reality, the workers are on strike and no paper is going to stop them they made up their minds for a living wage and yes we all sufer and we all pay the price for this living wage that they are striking for, but placing bad comments and signing petitions is not going to help anyone. Go on your knees and pray and start to count all your blessings and be thankfull for what you have there is people who already lost everything so stop these bad comments its not helping anyone.

2014-03-28 06:47

This strike is affecting the countries ecconomy! I can not understand how this can be a legal strike!Amcu is causing people to starve of hunger!The goverment should step in NOW and stop this nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!
Enough

#15 Re:

2014-03-28 06:52

#13: Non striker -

To stand for something you believe in are never a wast of time. Like the strikers are doing right now. Standing for what they believe it. But they were given their chance and its time to move on now. We as the the rest of Rustenburg will make a stand now that we will no longer tolerate the destruction of the country and Rustenburg. Like they are standing as one we will stand as one and get the people back to work and save this beautiful town of ours.

#16 Re: Re:

2014-03-28 06:58

#15: Enough - Re:  

So we are going to do this with a piece of paper? And bad comments? Maybe we should start to turn our focus on the mine bosses and shareholders because they clearly dont want this strike to stop.... Think back on all the other strikes they participated now they are sitting it out they clearly have a plan and a way to make us all turn on each other. I dont agree with the strikers at all I also suffer because of all of this my family does but this is not helping at all.  Just wondering how we are going to see ourselves after this bad mouthing and criticizing of each other.....

Amcu Strike Unemployment

#17 Guest

2014-03-28 07:28

Mr Joseph Mathunjwa is using people with no understanding of the financial impact they cause in Rustenburg and in this country, for his personal agenda. Another big company is closing their doors and 130 people losing their jobs. Amcu should compensate everybody who lost their jobs because of their actions. Government is talking about job creation but is allowing job losses. This is against our human rights, why is it tolerated? Mr Joseph Mathunjwa, are you not afraid that the very same people who support you, will turn against you, after they realize that they lost their jobs because of you.

2014-03-28 08:24

People suffer from this strike that is employed by the striking mines. Poeple aslo getting killed due to this strike which is not made public in the media and this is not even told or it is said it is not related, people staying in rustenburg can tell you this it is true.

2014-03-28 09:14

I am very pleased that this will go somewhere. Rustenburg is dead.

2014-03-28 10:14

Can anybody / anyone do something about this strike! How can this be allowed at all! They not God to rule all of us like this! We are all suffering due to this! All shaft going to close down! All of us is going to be without jobs! Who is going to take care of our children! Can someone just please fire all these people and get workers that wants to work! This is mad! Please please do something to stop all of this! There is a lot of people who wants to work! How can we just sit back and watch SA going under! How can we stand for our rights and our children? Do something fast!

2014-03-28 10:43

This strike needs to stop! So many people are suffering and with out money to buy food.

2014-03-28 10:57

This strike is madness.

2014-03-28 13:00

stop

2014-03-28 14:00

I understand that people need to fight in life what they desire to have, but in my opinion, always compare your pro's and con's. Drastic actions, like killing someone or someone's husband, father, grandfather to make a point is plain barbaric. Tomorrow all of this is over, but those people will still be missing their loved ones. We live in a country where human rights are supposedly enforced, ....yeah right! Just like you have a right to refuse to go to work, another person has the right to choose not to strike. You want your rights to be respected, same goes for other people. Thank you MR PRESIDENT....YOU ALLOWED THE STRIKE TO BE FAIR TO THOSE WHO NEEDED TO GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS, BUT DON'T YOU THINK IT IS TIME TO DECLARE THIS STRIKE ILLEGAL? If you as an employee genuinely feel that you are worth more than the pay you receive, surely there must be an employer that sees your potential the way you feel. So many people in this country is unemployed and wish that they could only have a job, and here you are, getting paid, getting housing allowances, medical and other perks.....Today a basic medical aid alone cost anything between R2000.00 and R4500.00 for a family of 4 ppl....not to mention housing....be thankful! This strike is affecting the economy in the worst way possible. Don't stand on the corner, crying for a job or asking me (because you might be the reason that my place of employment had to close down) for free meals. At least the mines now only refuse the high demands, but once the mines are totally closed, they wont even be able to offer you any job at all. You are indirectly affecting everybody. My employer, my family, it even might be your own family that also lose their employment because of your strike. Congratulations, now both you and your household is with out an income. Vicious snowball effect!

2014-03-28 15:47

About time