Petition to Allow Wausau West Master Singers to Sing

Choose a nickname

/ #63 Re:

2013-10-06 18:58

#19: -

I'm sorry- I don't want to be rude, but did you write this post in seriousness? You seriously think the program needs to be fixed because you and your siblings didn't get your way in high school? Wow. You must have a very high opinion of yourself if you think the program is broken because you and your sliblings weren't included in the Pop Concert and Master Singers. I participated in the Wausau West music program for three years and don't deny that there were politics involved. But Concert Chorale and Mr. Buch have resumes that simply cannot be denied. The man clearly knows what he is doing. And by the way, I'm saying all of this as someone who auditioned for Concert Chorale twice and never made it.

If you need a reminder about the accolades of this program, read this (from http://www.dciny.org/2013-season-archives/monday-january-21-2013-archive.html):

The 75 voice Concert Chorale is one of nine music ensembles available to students at Wausau West High School. This award winning ensemble has received national and international recognition and has been a guest performer at choral festivals in Vienna, Austria; Verona, Italy and most recently Prague, the capital city of the Czech Republic. In 2010 the choir was recorded by Wisconsin Public Television for a special presentation titled, "Wisconsin Sings." The Wausau West Concert Chorale was thrilled to accepted the invitation from DCINY and participate in this performance of "The Armed Man" by Karl Jenkins.

Phillip Buch has been a music educator for the past 36 years in the state of Wisconsin. During his tenure, the joy of singing has been instilled into the lifestyles of thousands of students, who now as adults, are advocates and ambassadors for choral music education in school districts throughout the country. Buch firmly believes that the study of music is vital to every student's education and core to a well balanced curriculum. In 1985, the Wausau School district awarded him Teacher of the Year. In 1993, he received the Senator Herb Kohl Fellowship and, in 1998, he was honored as recipient of the John L. Cook Memorial presented by the Wausau Area Chamber of Commerce. Most recently, in March 2010, he was chosen by the Wausau Daily Herald as one of the 50 Most Influential People of the Decade in the greater Wausau area. Under his leadership, choral music at Wausau West has developed a high standard of excellence. The program is respected and appreciated in Wausau and throughout the state of Wisconsin.