Let Mia Flood go back to school

A Confused Student -

/ #16

2014-01-19 18:34

I'm unsure of how to describe the utter hilarity I get from knowing that Mrs Parker has slipped up.

Firstly, how does your appearance affect your education? It doesn't. The school cares more for the similarity of the students than it does for the education. I wonder if the school has realised that a mass majority of students plan to refuse to go to their lessons tomorrow - which in theory is one of the reasons they're not allowing Mia back into the school...

Secondly, the obvious sexism is outrageous. I think someone mentioned this above, but if a boy was to shave his head it'd be seen as almost normal. If a girl was to shave her head it's an "extreme hairstyle". To hell with it, mohawks all round!

Thirdly, I'm not entirely certain what a school is capable of doing. But surely they cannot control your appearances. "Extreme hairstyle" is almost an opinion and for one person to be removed from the school for a headmistress' opinion is ridiculous.

The school needs to have a hard long think about what they're doing.

Students throughout the school have planned a "protest" (of sorts). Tomorrow many of them will refuse to attend their lessons and even form. I disagree with this action, because at the end of the day what they are doing is "if you don't let Mia back into the school, we'll not be educated today!" - the school have already proven they care not for your education but more for your appearance.