Let Mia Flood go back to school

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Let Mia Flood go back to school.

2014-01-19 13:24

School is bloody disgusting for acting this way considering they're meant to support cancer awareness.

2014-01-19 13:29

Good luck.

2014-01-19 13:45

Mia flood gose to my school when I read this article me and my family were absoulyy discustide I was so dissopented in my school Mrs Parker and the staff who made this desion should be utterly ashamed All students should tell out school that this is utterly wrong. I am discuted in my school.
Michael Gove

2014-01-19 14:25

I'm sure the school had it's reasons for doing so. However, it is still wrong for them to do so.

2014-01-19 14:34

It's wrong that she is not able to carry on with education until she has her wig. The school should be proud of what she has done for a charity so close heart.

2014-01-19 16:53

The school I being ridiculous and not letting her go in with a shaved head but yet there is loads of lads with shaved heads and the school don't give a damn absolutely shocking!
disgusted parent

2014-01-19 17:20

This is totally out of order by the school. Would a boy be sent home for having a shaved head? Would he be classed as having an extreme haircut....this is sexist and the school should be ashamed of themselves for not permitting this young girl to carry on her education as normal. This young girl is an inspiration and should be credited for her efforts in raising awareness for the tragic passing of a fellow student. Why has the head not addressed the uniform dress code? with what can be classed as mini skirts and the amount of make up piled on some of the students a young girl with a shaved head is nothing to complain about.

2014-01-19 17:27

Please remind me again.....what century are we living in?

The school obviously has it's reasons for not allowing this young lady back to continue her studies, however, and they are wrong! I thought we had entered a new liberal approach to education in this country. Does the school realise it is probably contravening this girls equal opportunities rights. The right to an education despite her appearance.

2014-01-19 17:32

DISGUSTING. Would like to see them try and stop me. Will share this. Redcar just went down a big notch in my books. Hope the news catches onto this and shames them.

2014-01-19 17:52

Least I can do

2014-01-19 17:52

Well done to Mia & shame on her school for not supporting her.

2014-01-19 17:56

if kids want to show there respects and help out why cant they no matter what they do

2014-01-19 17:57

my daughter and friend wants do this for same reasons but school says no,,,thought school was about education ? they should encourage the goodness in them. what if you got cancer ? cant they get healed all because schools say no ?

2014-01-19 18:17

Absolutely shocking!

2014-01-19 18:27

Disgusted with the school!
A Confused Student -

2014-01-19 18:34

I'm unsure of how to describe the utter hilarity I get from knowing that Mrs Parker has slipped up.

Firstly, how does your appearance affect your education? It doesn't. The school cares more for the similarity of the students than it does for the education. I wonder if the school has realised that a mass majority of students plan to refuse to go to their lessons tomorrow - which in theory is one of the reasons they're not allowing Mia back into the school...

Secondly, the obvious sexism is outrageous. I think someone mentioned this above, but if a boy was to shave his head it'd be seen as almost normal. If a girl was to shave her head it's an "extreme hairstyle". To hell with it, mohawks all round!

Thirdly, I'm not entirely certain what a school is capable of doing. But surely they cannot control your appearances. "Extreme hairstyle" is almost an opinion and for one person to be removed from the school for a headmistress' opinion is ridiculous.

The school needs to have a hard long think about what they're doing.

Students throughout the school have planned a "protest" (of sorts). Tomorrow many of them will refuse to attend their lessons and even form. I disagree with this action, because at the end of the day what they are doing is "if you don't let Mia back into the school, we'll not be educated today!" - the school have already proven they care not for your education but more for your appearance.

2014-01-19 18:34

I don't just think Mia should just be allowed to carry on with her education but her story should be used to send a positive message about young people to all the pupils and the local community. It's far too easy to criticise young people and always think that they are up to no good, surely the local press and media are going to pick up on this one! Good luck Mia, it's a wonderful thing you've done, don't let this put you off doing similar things in the future. There is no greater sense of satisfaction than knowing you have helped someone else in difficult circumstances.

2014-01-19 19:08

I think it is incredibly sad that the school administration choose to punish a student who was showing great compassion to others. Your school should be praising this girl and using her as an example of what moral fiber and conviction should look like. Shame on you.

2014-01-19 19:10

she should be commended for her selfless act, not penalised.

2014-01-19 19:19

I have had cancer this girl has shown courage to do this for people who have no control over the loss of hair you are at your lowest and the loss of your hair is the final blow to you the thought of going out with out you hair or with big patches missing is heart braking

2014-01-19 19:39

She did a wonderful thing to raise money, no school should punish a child for that. They have no right to take her education away over a hair style!

2014-01-19 19:50

i have a 15 year old daughter and is she chose to do this i would be so proud of her, as would family and friends, Mia should be made to feel special because she is, give her the credit due and stop making her miss out on school???

2014-01-19 20:20

No one should be denied their education for doing something for a great cause.

2014-01-19 20:21

absolutely appalling Mia is being excluded for doing such a selfless thing

2014-01-19 21:01

Disgusted, to say the least.....Be proud Mia!