Let Mia Flood go back to school

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Let Mia Flood go back to school.

Choose a nickname

#76 Subject

2014-01-20 14:56

THE SCHOOL MUST REALISE THERE ARE SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES AS IN THIS CASE WHERE THE RULES SHOULD NOT APPLY WHERE IS THE COMMON SENSE THESE DAYS THE SCHOOL HEAD SHOULD RE THINK THIS ONE ?
KEN BARNES

2014-01-20 15:27

This is not on, everyone was behind Georgina and think it is brilliant what her friends have gone especially Mia, you would think that the school would be really proud, so what she has shaved her hair and for a good course, will this affect anyone at the school or affect her work, I think not, feel ashamed and let her back to school

2014-01-20 19:14

Mia has done a wonderful thing for children who are suffering! The school should give her recognition for this not exclude her from school! How stuck up is this school!
Julie

2014-01-20 21:22

I'm disgusted cos it's not fair what will stupid Mrs Parker say if a person had alopecia do they ha e to go to school with a wig. Let mia come back to my school she is a nice person and only shaved her head for the good. RIP Georgina Anderson

2014-01-20 22:05

I think Mia is one brave young lady, she has carried out this selfless act to not only raise awareness of cancer and the devastating effects it has on it's sufferers, but she has made a young girl feel some sense of normality, giving the recipients self esteem a boost . I think it's disgusting what the school have done, they should be supporting Mia for her contribution and not condemning her, maybe they could learn a thing or two from her about standing up for the things we believe in.
ange x

2014-01-20 23:49

Should hairstyle really matter as long as you have smart uniform. The school should be proud of a brave girl doing something to raise awareness for cancer because im sure nearly everyone has been affected by cancer at some point in their lives.......some idiotic decision....well done mia from a nurse who has nursed many cancer and end of life patients xx

2014-01-21 11:33

If anything the school should of sponsored mia never mind making it look like something bad..that school needs to have a shake all for a good cause yet for mia she gets punished..kids getting bullied in that school yet teachers turn a blind eye..they should be ashamed of themselves and bad publicity is all that the teachers deserve

#83 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-01-21 11:48

#75: - Re: Re: Mia has chose to shave her hair no only for a friend but for another charity whom make wigs so how is there another way for her to do this..god forbid if it was a friend of my daughter who done this i would be overwhelmed as would any other parent..where does it say in the book of law that a shaven head can affect the way you learn..what if she was to come back after health problems and decide not to wear a wig would she not be able to attend school..total utter rubbish..everyone is entitled to an opinion but surely something regarding to a charity and knowing cancer effects alot of lives it would be accepted and no disappointing comments

Disgusted

#84 Redcar Academy

2014-01-21 22:26

Surely this underlines that fact that the issue of uniform appearance is not one that can be left to teachers. This latest petty and disgusting act by school teachers shows how out of step they are with reality and how they are concerned only with their own petty authoritarianism.