Let Mia Flood go back to school

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Let Mia Flood go back to school.

2014-01-20 08:04

The school should be using Mia as a positive role model and inspiration to others not excluding her. Schools these days seem to want to turn all their students into conformist grade robots. Good luck Mia x

2014-01-20 08:05

Having no hair doesnt stop you from learning x

2014-01-20 08:33

Disgusting of the school to act like that. Everybody is affected in some way and shes a very brave young lady to do what she did
The Truth

#54 What a Joke

2014-01-20 08:45

Appearance is superficial and should be treated so, for example I'm sure this girl will attend college in the future where their appearance has no relevance to their education. Schools should take care of the students well being and the actual education, which is lacking in the country due to incomprehensible situations like this. Some one should report this to a local news paper, for the utter disrespect this school has shown to the public.

2014-01-20 08:47

Her school should applaud her actions!!!!!
Wez

#56 Protest

2014-01-20 09:25

The kids are holding a protest at Redcar Academy this morning because of the schools ridiculous decision to ban Mia .The protesting kids, including my daughter, have my full support. I hope the parents of all the kids are backing them.

2014-01-20 09:41

The head of school should be ashamed , I am totally disgusted , the head teacher clearly puts power before the pupils.Welldone Mia, a true inspiration who could teach your head teacher a thing or two x
Richy

#58 Disgusting

2014-01-20 09:43

It makes me sick that some higher up suit can sit their and call this brave girl that what she has done is wrong and that the school is punishing her? Hilariously disgusting and somewhat disturbing if you ask me.
Terence Carter
Ipswich

#59 So much for "a place of learning."

2014-01-20 09:55

A school that basis the allowance of attendance by a student's appearance (hairstyle - or lack of as the case may be) is no better than a school that judges by gender, race or belief. Worse so, imagine a student who has lost their hair to alopecia or chemotherapy, how will they feel knowing that even the school itself, a place of learning, will judge them based on the lack of covering above their head.

2014-01-20 10:17

Well done mia, I think what you have done is fantastic. Shame on your school for not supporting you and being proud of the amazing young lady they have in their school. Also backing the kids protesting! Standing up for what is right!

2014-01-20 10:27

This school, Redcar Accadamy is a disgrace, Mia is a lovely girl, and it's amazing what she has done for cancer trust, how is a shaved head going to interupt Mia's or anybody's else education is beyond me, I'm ashamed my daughter goes to this school, it is a really bad school as it is, someone needs to step in and make some changes fast, well done Mia and keep your head up high, you are a star, with love the Carmichaels xxx

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-01-20 10:51

2014-01-20 10:57

This is an absolute disgrace that a child cannot attend because of a hair style. Perhaps the teachers hair do and make up needs a review too. I'll bet my last penny their own staff won't stand up to its policies nor will it be for such an amazing cause. Shame on them all

2014-01-20 10:59

The head in my old school once read a news article about school children whom had all shaved their heads in support of a fellow pupil and cancer sufferer. Hailed it as brilliant and would have donated to this girls charity, given her assembly time to raise funds and support for her chosen charity. Even encouraged the haircut to be completed within the school. I hope these school friends choose to shave their heads too, I doubt the whole female side of the school will be sent home.

Also, I would enjoy seeing the school explain their clear sexual discrimination in court.

Please post your justgiving link here too so I can donate.

2014-01-20 11:39

This is ludicrous.

2014-01-20 11:52

..... This is disgusting, there shouldn't even be this petition thing for it, the girl was doing something she felt was right.

2014-01-20 12:04

A big well done to Mia who is thoughtful, caring and brave enough to shaver her hair for kids who have hair loss through chemo etc. this school should be proud !!! of Mia not resend her !!!!!
Mia head up girl, you are a star

2014-01-20 12:19

good on you mis, the school is out of order and something should be done about it

2014-01-20 12:32

She should be praised not punished

2014-01-20 13:06

It's disgusting Mia was doing this in memory of Georgina who we loved dearly and we r proud of Mia and should b aloud back to school.

2014-01-20 13:46

Absolutely disgusting!!! That schools an absolute joke.

2014-01-20 14:05

Although the teachers may be worried about bullying, this little girl has the right to an education and to be supported by the teachers in her school. If she wants to go back with a bald head to show her pride in her generosity, I say, let her!
Mayze

2014-01-20 14:07

All the kids at school should make a stand and step out till she is aloud back in with out a wig because if all the kids do that they will be looked on as a shameful school and get posted across the news in shame
WELL DONE

2014-01-20 14:24

How do I donate to Mia's chosen charity?

#75 Re: Re: Re:

2014-01-20 14:26

#49: Emma - Re: Re:

I'm sorry but the utter disregard for grammar and spelling in a lot of these comments completely undermines a lot of the arguments. Schools have rules and the children should be made to adhere to them by their parents. It seems a lot of kids will be missing exams and education over this and disrupting the school. There are plenty of other ways she could have supported the charity or given it awareness.