Let Mia Flood go back to school

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Let Mia Flood go back to school.

2014-01-19 21:03

The schools discusting!

2014-01-19 21:03

Let her back to school she done some thing brave for her friend

2014-01-19 21:10

the school should be supporting mia not disciplining her for this u go girl. school should feel ashamed!!! what happened to human rights you should be able to have any hair style you want what if it was a student going through chemotherapy who had lost there hair and didn't want to wear a wig would they be disciplined for it!!!

2014-01-19 21:21

I cannot understand the insanity of some people, if anything she is setting an example by what she has done and bringing it to the fore front of attention as it should be .

2014-01-19 21:21

Sign it :)

2014-01-19 21:44

This makes me sick. What mia done was amazing. Im 22 and is currently getting treated for a rare form or cancer at the freeman hospital in newcastle. The teenage cancer trust play a big part in my life helping me get trough this horrible battle. The school really need to think about their decision.

2014-01-19 21:51

Think the people who are not letting this brave girl back in school should take a lead from her and grow a backbone. All she has done is raise money for a great cause she is no rebel or thug she needs a pat on the back not putting down. Well done Mia u look lovely xx

2014-01-19 21:51

Disgusting! Shame on the school! Exclusion for doing good!!!!! They are stopping her education which is wrong. The papers should be involved name and shame school! The staff should encourage and support.

2014-01-19 22:07

It's absolutely disgusting that they've punished someone for doing something genuinely nice. With the amount of bald guys in that school and their rule of treating everyone with equality, should they not have to wear a wig also if this young lass does?
It's disgraceful that a school that puts out a message of tolerance can be so stupid in what deserves punishment.
This is not an extreme hairstyle, and you see plenty of the boys without hair. This is a girl who should be praised on what she's done, not punished.

2014-01-19 22:25

Absolutely ridiculous that this brave girl would shave her hair of for cancer patients and then be expelled from school I think she has done a really nice thing for her friend sooo brave x

2014-01-19 22:40

Disgusting decision from the school in question, they should be supporting her bravery not criticising. Total discrimination!

2014-01-19 22:49

When I was at school it didnt matter what style, hair colour, hair or no hair we had. It didn't change the people we were it didn't make us bad people. it didnt stop us fron learning we grew up to be "normal people"

2014-01-19 22:59

It's discusting backing you all the way Mia! Xx

2014-01-19 23:08

This is beyond belief! What stance would the school take if they had a cancer patient amongst their pupils who had lost their hair due to treatment? Mia has done this from her heart and to help all the poor children and young adults that suffer daily and this is the thanks and recognition she gets from people who are supposed to be leading her down the right path in life.

2014-01-20 00:01

This is a wonderful thing this young lady has done for others and personally I think the school should be very proud of her and should be supporting her instead they exclude her from school what sort of message does this send out about the school. They should be ashamed of themselves. Well done Mia proud of you Hun xxxxxxxx

2014-01-20 00:04

Do they stop boys with short hair going to school, or do they all have to have short back and sides with a quiff? Doyles!!!

2014-01-20 00:20

Schools a joke...more concerned about their image than the respect that this girl is showing...

2014-01-20 00:25

Rediculous

2014-01-20 01:13

This is discussing behaviour from a school they should be proud they have a young pupil as brave as this in their school

2014-01-20 04:09

(09 student) Absolutely disgusted in my old school Mia should not have been excluded in the first place! Let her back in!

GISMO

#46 MIA

2014-01-20 04:55

Will they be asking a bald member of staff to wear a wig to school as showing a bald head is offensive. I am parent and I honestly think the school has taken this to the extremes. This girl shaved her hair off for a charity, some children are going to benefit from her kindness and bravery. This girl didnt have her hair shaved for a radical hairstyle, she had it shaved for a charity event. this is totally different from having your hair shaved off for a radical hairstyle! The school shout allow Mia back into school and if they refuse then I would get the newspapers involved. now what a story that would be..... a bad reputation for the school ( dont think they would want any negative feedback from ) I think if the pupils took a stand and either stood in the school grounds and refused to attend school however stayed on school property, the school cant do alot about it, your taking a stand and your not skiving school, your on school premises where the teaching staff can see you. However, if you do take this action, you must be quiet, have only one spokesperson, no shouting or swearing, no banners etc, just feet in the school yard and your spokesperson can speak to the teachers until you have come to an agreement that Mia can come back to school. There MUST BE a quiet protest. Show the teachers how adult you are and how deeply this has touched you all. Even if the school came to a compromise where she could wear a nifty cap or hat til her hair grew back..... do your parents proud and make it a silent protest and this way you might get the outcome you hope for. If you go in shouting etc you will find yourselves being ignored by the teaching staff and you wont get your point across. GOODLUCK .

#47 Re:

2014-01-20 05:29

#3: -

You need to pay more attention at school. Your spelling is absolutely appauling.

2014-01-20 07:14

there should be more youngster doing this and the school should be proud instead of punishing
Emma

#49 Re: Re:

2014-01-20 07:21

#47: - Re:

Please remove this comment it is not a appropriate

2014-01-20 07:55

This is bullshit. Its not exactly a lifestyle choice or a fashion statement. Also, a boy can have shirt hair/a shaved head, why can't a girl