Temple_Carraig_Admissions

/ #3

2014-02-18 15:33

After extensive research of the 3 bidders and their commitments my support was given to TempleCarrig's original application (to the exclusion of other competitive bidders) based on their explicit and repeated assurances that they would provide equal access to children of the area regardless of their religion. As someone who attended a COI primary school I have many happy memories of education within the COI ethos. It is therefore all the more disappointing to feel that commitments that were so clearly set out as the fundamental positions and values of the school might potentially be set aside. I personally see this as a real moment of truth for the BOM of TempleCarrig in establishing how this school is established and perceived within the wider community. I hope that the BOM are beginning to appreciate the broad questions and concerns this issue has raised and return to their original policy and principles of open and equal access for all. In this day and age in Ireland surely equal opportunity and access is the only acceptable and responsible example we can set and the only reasonable standard we can accept for our children and our future generations.