We Support Open School

Christina Moore

/ #2 Eureka! I'm so glad we struck gold at Open School!

2014-05-28 12:23

I am deeply saddened that someone would be so cowardly as to write an accusatory anonymous letter about our wonderful Open School community! This person needs to go back to the Wizard and get some courage, a heart, and some brains! We stuck gold when we were accepted into Open. I opened that letter and jumped up and down. My daughter was not expected until 3rd grade-we had applied for years. We rolled up our sleeves and got to work. My husband is on campus at least twice a week working in our children's classrooms or just helping where he is needed. We value our school community! I am an educator. Open School was doing Common Core before our school district implemented it! The Open School encourages students to constantly assess how a lesson is helping them gain their own understanding. By questioning themselves and their strategies, students become "expert learners." This gives them ever-broadening tools to be life-long learners. Students are taught HOW TO LEARN and take ownership and pride in their own learning. I am very grateful my two children attend The Open School. Our Principal is doing an excellent job handling the situations that are dealt to her. Ms. Cass is one of the most professional, thoughtful, and graceful principals I have ever encountered in my almost 20 years of teaching. The tireless efforts of our teachers and staff should never be misrepresented! We should all be very grateful to have such a fine leader and school! We are a community of Respect! Let's continue to respect each other, the By-Laws, and the spirit of The Open School by doing what we can to enhance it-not tear it down.