We Support Open School

Genie Gleeson

/ #28

2014-06-02 17:18

I feel compelled to add something here in light of the unpleasant anonymous comments posted here. We had 3 children at Open over a course of 11 years. I am also a product of the LAUSD schools and magnet program. Everyday I am grateful that my kids had the chance to be at such an amazing place! I think it is THE gem of LAUSD and I can't speak highly enough about this school AND it's amazing teachers and staff. Frankly the negative comments are astounding to me! I have never known any teacher or staff member to be anything other that extraordinary: in their thoughtfulness, passion, desire to postively impact each and every student. They are tireless professionals who have nothing but our children's best interest in their hearts and minds! Unlike these folks who do not even have the courage to put their real name behind their words, who seem to have nothing but some ego driven agenda to forward. Really, if you are going make wild accusations about Open School policies and staff, don't hide behind anonymity. We see here a great outpouring of support for this school, for good reason. Most are happy. And as others have pointed out, if it's not a good fit for your child or your family, then yes-you have lots of options. Leave Open and make room for some of the folks who are dying to get there child in!