Save M&S Woolwich

gabby

/ #41 M and S Woolwich

2014-06-10 12:19

I would use this a bit more if it was done up. It isn't and I feel sorry for the staff who have gone from working in an exclusive M and S store to one that's reduced since 2007 from a main store to an outlet store.

Why can't M and S turn this store over to a main and outlet or just simply food and café. It makes no sense to close it down altogether. Without M and S no point going in to Woolwich.

I also disagree with Mark38. You keep saying M and S are closing 15 stores because they are not viable. The stores earmarked for closure are not viable because M and S haven't spent the money doing them up to keep them going. M and S are in trouble in general and I do think Greenwich Council should have tied a commitment to keep the M and S store in Woolwich with the new large flagship store in Charlton.

I do worry for Woolwich town centre. There has been no thought for those with disabilities, the elderly and those without cars to access the new store in Charlton. Shame on M and S for closing down local stores. With regeneration as with Gravesend, it really doesn't make sense.

I think this is more about M and S saving money because they are in trouble rather than closing down a poorly performing store as in the case of Woolwich or Gravesend as Woolwich is well used.